Proposal: Karlsson to Tampa

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Start with Sergachev or Point, add 1st, add Raddysh or Foote and some salary. Killorn?

Personally I think Tampa shouldnt do it.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Start with Sergachev or Point, add 1st, add Raddysh or Foote and some salary. Killorn?

Sergachev and Point are not available and neither would be traded straight up for Karlsson. And how many threads do we need on this dead horse of a topic?

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
As they're constructed now, Tampa is likely in the top three so far as odds to win the Cup if you could perfectly calculate such a thing. As good as Karlsson is, he probably doesn't make Tampa's chances of winning the Cup in the next two years that much better, especially if it's coming at the cost of Sergachev, who is a good player in his own right right now.

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
I'm not sure how Tampa can make it work if Karlsson wants 8x$10-11 million a year and Kucherov will be getting about the same.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Tampa and Karlsson should just wait until he is a free agent if both are interested in him signing for Tampa. If he is traded as a rental next deadline give Ottawa an offer, if they want the world for him as a rental, sign him in the summer as an ufa instead.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Ottawa won't have both 1st... 2019 is most probably going to Colorado from the Duchene trade

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
Said it before, I'll say it again.

Palat/Johnson
Foote
Howden
2018 first

for Karlsson.

or

Palat/Johnson
Sergachev
Callahan (cap dump)
2018 first

for Karlsson.

Point is not going anywhere and anybody that thinks the Karlsson of right now gets both Serg and Point in the same deal are kidding themselves.

That said, I do either trade. I'd prefer the first option, but it's fairly obvious Sens will want Serg.

Reactions: The Gongshow

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Said it before, I'll say it again.

Palat/Johnson
Foote
Howden
2018 first

for Karlsson.

or

Palat/Johnson
Sergachev
Callahan (cap dump)
2018 first

for Karlsson.

Point is not going anywhere and anybody that thinks the Karlsson of right now gets both Serg and Point in the same deal are kidding themselves.

That said, I do either trade. I'd prefer the first option, but it's fairly obvious Sens will want Serg.

Not giving up our two best prospects, a 1st and a top 6 forward. Take out Howden and switch Palat/Johnson for Killorn and I'd consider it.

Reactions: AndreRoy

4thlineduster

Jan 6, 2012
Sergachev and Point are not available and neither would be traded straight up for Karlsson. And how many threads do we need on this dead horse of a topic?
While I agree with what you're saying in the sense that Point or Sergachev aren't available, your statement they wouldn't be traded straight up for Karlsson is ridiculous.

If Dorion called Yzerman and said Point for Karlsson straight up there's no way Yzerman turns that down.

Reactions: garyturner3

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
Not giving up our two best prospects, a 1st and a top 6 forward. Take out Howden and switch Palat/Johnson for Killorn and I'd consider it.
Ottawa fans didn't even want anything to do with Foote and Howden for Karlsson. Which I thought was hilarious because they're great pieces for a rebuilding team...

While I agree with what you're saying in the sense that Point or Sergachev aren't available, your statement they wouldn't be traded straight up for Karlsson is ridiculous.

If Dorion called Yzerman and said Point for Karlsson straight up there's no way Yzerman turns that down.
The problem is that he will want a lot more than just Point for Karlsson.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Despite what Travis Yost wrote on TSN, a Karlsson to Tampa trade doesn't make sense for either side.

Ottawa would want something like Sergachev/Point + Palat/Johnson + 1st/Foote/Howden, and rightfully so.

But Tampa is already arguably the top team in the league and doesn't need to make that big of an acquisition, or give up that much, to push them over the top.

If Karlsson's traded, he'll be traded to a good but not great team that thinks he'll vaunt them into the top tier (like Anaheim, LA or Dallas). If he ends up in Tampa Bay, it'll be because he signed there as a UFA.

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
Despite what Travis Yost wrote on TSN, a Karlsson to Tampa trade doesn't make sense for either side.

Ottawa would want something like Sergachev/Point + Palat/Johnson + 1st/Foote/Howden, and rightfully so.

But Tampa is already arguably the top team in the league and doesn't need to make that big of an acquisition, or give up that much, to push them over the top.

If Karlsson's traded, he'll be traded to a good but not great team that thinks he'll vaunt them into the top tier (like Anaheim, LA or Dallas). If he ends up in Tampa Bay, it'll be because he signed there as a UFA.
I like the comparison that he wrote, saying that Hedman and Karlsson (would) be like Anaheim's Niedermayer and Pronger. Albeit probably even better than them (at that given time).

The ability to play them together when facing teams with a deadly line, or spreading them out to keep a balanced attack at bay, is pretty damn valuable. And it's exactly what you need for a championship...

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
This is what I would do.

To Ott:

Tyler Johnson
Cal Foote
2018 1st round pick
2019 1st round pick

To TB:

Erik Karlsson

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Not happening unless Point+Sergachev +2019 First rounder. The first rounder will likely be late too. That's only way I see Sens moving Karlsson

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
yeah what you read was not a rumour...

and if you see an actual rumour from yost, i wouldn't put too much weight into it. Given his accusations of hacking and all, he doesn't seem to be all there.

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
Not happening unless Point+Sergachev +2019 First rounder. The first rounder will likely be late too. That's only way I see Sens moving Karlsson
Maybe, maybe not. Blake Griffin was just traded to the Pistons for practically dog shit.

They'll move Karlsson if they feel he is going to test free agency.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018

Point in his second year in the league is our top goal scorer after Kucherov and on pace for a 33 goal, 74 point season while matching up against other teams’ top lines. He’s also making <$700k for another season and is under team control for several years after that. You clearly don’t know anything about Brayden Point if you think Yzerman would move him for a struggling rental.

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad