Proposal: Karlsson to PHI

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Patrick, Morin, one of the 2018 1sts

Veto

Karlsson is great and all, but the very reason why we have developed arguably the greatest pool of young defenseman in the NHL is because we didn't/don't want to pay the premium that is associated with awesome defensemen. I can see some lesser pieces for a Karlsson, but not our recent #2 overall pick (who easily could've gone #1) that is shaping up quite well to be a fixture at 2C (maybe even 1C one day).

So kindly, I say veto to this deal as it involves Nolan Patrick.

Reactions: Pure

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
A signed Karlsson should get Sanheim, Patrick/Konecny, Rubstov, a 1st in 2019 and a 2nd this year.

openicehitter

Feb 20, 2012
A signed Karlsson should get Sanheim, Patrick/Konecny, Rubstov, a 1st in 2019 and a 2nd this year.
Come on really? Karlsson is an amazing player. But you want 4 1st round picks and a second. Not only that, you want the firsts that are top young players for our team. Sanheim is a top young defensemen in the league with huge upside (former 17 OA 1st pick),
Patrick/Konecny are both our top young forwards with huge potential, our first from last year in Rubstov who is a good young player, our first next year and our second this year. This isn't even close. If you are asking for a star young player you better temper your expectatinos from that point on. if any of Sanheim/Patrick/Konecny are included you can expect decent picks and/or prospects to be included only. They are pieces to build teams around as well and will not be traded so easily.
I would expect more of a Sanheim/Patrick/Konecny + 1st 19OA + 2019 2nd and/or mid level prospect. And I would be shocked if Patrick was even in the conversation. Hextall values his young prospects to a fault almost.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad