Proposal: Karlsson to Jets

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Ottaw declines. Trouba is looking for big big cash. Brian Little is a cap dump here.
Winnipeg declines b4 Ottawa does. and little is not a camp dump he is better then ryan and a good centre.we will pay Morrissey and trouba for around the same as karlsson. and keep ves.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Good golly Miss Molly. Yet another absolutely terrible trade for the Jets. Have people really not learned anything from the Subban trade?

Reactions: Georgetown Al

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Does fit ,even without Ryan ...The Jets already have some good PMD they really dont need him

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
I'm not sure Jet's take this deal even if Ottawa retains 1/2 of Ryan's salary, let alone only 2M.

Jets get the best Defensemen in the world a solid 40pr RW(who can fit real well on the third line across from Perrault and beside Roslovic or even Petan) who would end up getting paid less than Little with a 2 year shorter term. I really like Trouba but if you think his value is even close to Karlssons your wrong, if any team should value him less it’s the Jets as well(disrespecting the process, teammates, coaches, city of Winnipeg and is now asking for 8m out of this team, sorry if he is really trying to get this team to go out of its way for him because he doesn’t like it as much as he should than he should be traded), Vesalainen is great but I think he’s a 50/50 in regards to if he even breaks the Top 6(due to Ehlers and Connor, even if he does transfer to the RW there’s Laine and Wheeler).

If Trouba isn’t gonna bend his demands for the Jets organization or doesn’t like our management than he should be traded, and if a RHD who happens to be the best defender in the World happens to be on the market why not try... I think it’s more than fair.

I mean for next season alone the lineup would look allot better in my opinion.

Connor Scheifele Wheeler
Ehlers Petan/Roslovic Laine
Perreault Roslovic/Petan Ryan
Copp Lowry Tanev

Morrissey Karlsson
Myers Byfuglien
Chiarot Poolman

Last edited:
Reactions: jetsforever

Keystone

Apr 30, 2011
Manitoba
I like roslovic but we can’t just assume he is a 2nd line nhl Center. Let alone Petan. We need Little still. We don’t need EK

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
It's crazy how Ryan has been attached to Karlsson in the trade market both on hfboards and most likely in real life. It's just such a stupid play IMO to diminish the value of one of the league's best players by adding in one of the league's worst contracts.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Winnipeg declines .
Karlsson declines.
Trouba declines.

Sorry Ottawa, I don't think this is going to work...

Reactions: Snowman

Whileee

May 29, 2010
It's crazy how Ryan has been attached to Karlsson in the trade market both on hfboards and most likely in real life. It's just such a stupid play IMO to diminish the value of one of the league's best players by adding in one of the league's worst contracts.
It would be okay if the Sens were tight on cap space and had some good ways to improve their team with the extra cap space, but spending assets to dump a contract just to save a cash-strapped owner some coin is brutal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad