Karlsson Ice Time Tracking Thread

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
I love Ceci, but he's not Drew Doughty quite yet. Soon, perhaps, once he develops more offense in his game, and I think that's coming.

Glad to see Karlsson at 32 minutes (albeit in a 65 minute game). If I was coaching, I swear I would just leave him out there, and throw him a water bottle during timeouts. He is starting to show his Norris Trophy form again, and it's exciting to see...

25 mins in the last 45.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Karlsson has been the best defenceman in the NHL for several seasons. Except a crippling injury and recovery. Even at his level this season, which is lower then pre-injury... This is true. Save for Shea Weber no one has an argument. And this is including his problems at some aspects defensively. He is a truly dominating player. He plays like it is the 1980's... In a different era. He can literally skate through the entire ice at will and get a shot off. No one else in the NHL can do that. No one.
I mean he should not win the Norris this season... Yet. Lots of season to go. And I will guarantee he is highest scoring D in the NHL by years end by at least 10 points. He had flaws. His strengths more then make up for it.

He is the victim if ridiculous expectations and clearly still not quite recovered from the injury. Maybe he fully recovers? Maybe he adapts better? Doesn't matter. Best defenceman in the NHL. Player that touches the puck more then anyone in the League right now. And likely for many years to come.

Player worth the price of admission on his own.

No, he hasn't. Best offensive defenceman? Sure, no doubt. But there's more to being a defenceman than assisting or scoring goals.

In no way does his performance thus far even warrant him being top-15 in the Norris tracker.

I know everyone in here loves Karlsson to death, but a lot of you also let the homerism blind you.

Again, best offensively but he has ways to go to be in the Norris duscussion.

Perhaps he'll pick it up and will dominate the rest of the season, if he does (which I hope!!) he can probably win another one.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
No, he hasn't. Best offensive defenceman? Sure, no doubt. But there's more to being a defenceman than assisting or scoring goals.

In no way does his performance thus far even warrant him being top-15 in the Norris tracker.

I know everyone in here loves Karlsson to death, but a lot of you also let the homerism blind you.

Again, best offensively but he has ways to go to be in the Norris duscussion.

Perhaps he'll pick it up and will dominate the rest of the season, if he does (which I hope!!) he can probably win another one.

I doubt anyone here is as obsessed with Karlsson as you are, criticizing Karlsson seems to be on your one reason for coming to the Sens board.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Karlsson has had 5 points in last 6 games +4 against powerhouse teams while eating up 28 mins on average and controlling both ends of the ice with ridiculous puck possession numbers and usually leads team in shots on goal. If he continues that pace, he'll win Norris easily.

Like someone said, the expectations of Karlsson being the best player in the world get in the way of realizing how good he still is and how this team would be no where without him.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
I doubt anyone here is as obsessed with Karlsson as you are, criticizing Karlsson seems to be on your one reason for coming to the Sens board.

Take a look at my post history in this forum and then get back to me with an honest apology due to you being wrong. Please :)

I don't let homerism cloud my judgement, therefore I can call it like it is - and just like all experts and NHL analysts have put Karlsson way outside the Norris race the first 20:ish games, so have I.

You seem to take critizism of Karlsson personal?:(

BigBush*

Take a look at my post history in this forum and then get back to me with an honest apology due to you being wrong. Please :)

I don't let homerism cloud my judgement, therefore I can call it like it is - and just like all experts and NHL analysts have put Karlsson way outside the Norris race the first 20:ish games, so have I.

You seem to take critizism of Karlsson personal?:(

Oh hey look it's this guy again, dumping on Sens player like usual

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I'm never impressed with Pietrangelo. He's a good player, but it's baffling to me that he is considered to be in the same tier as other young stars like Karlsson, Doughty and Subban.

He seems more like a great #2 instead of a great #1.

Pietro had a rough start this season but last season he was playing like a true #1...he's still only 24, no doubt he's more than just a great #2 imo

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
he's got many trick up his sleeve to enter the zone that it must annoy the other team

favorite is icing it and having MacArthur easily get to it first

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
I just noticed that Karlsson had 32:12 of ice time last night in St. Louis... wow

Closest team mate was Ceci at 24:11

St. Louis has Pietrangelo at 29:29

He is being overplayed-I know they need to win the games but still..remember what happened when Paddock overplayed the Pizza line. They had nothing left by the end of the season.

It would be good to see some games where the team doesn't rely so heavily on Karlsson and on the goalies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I mistakenly read the thread title as being the "Karlsson Ice Time Travelling" thread.

I had a whole long post about paradoxes ready to go, but now I just feel like watching Back To The Future and drinking black coffee in a retro diner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad