Karlsson Ice Time Tracking Thread

Busboy

Jul 29, 2011
Karlsson > Pietrangelo

I'm never impressed with Pietrangelo. He's a good player, but it's baffling to me that he is considered to be in the same tier as other young stars like Karlsson, Doughty and Subban.

He seems more like a great #2 instead of a great #1.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I love Ceci, but he's not Drew Doughty quite yet. Soon, perhaps, once he develops more offense in his game, and I think that's coming.

Glad to see Karlsson at 32 minutes (albeit in a 65 minute game). If I was coaching, I swear I would just leave him out there, and throw him a water bottle during timeouts. He is starting to show his Norris Trophy form again, and it's exciting to see...

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
This is the reason I could never be Karlsson hater like some people on here - if you don't like watching him play you might as well start following another team because he is literally always on the ice.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I was going to bring this up last night, but i was already gushing over Karlsson so much, like don't people to get the wrong idea.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
30 minutes on a back to back night, going up and down the ice.

Whenever he clearly gives up on a play, I wonder if others feel guilty for him having to play so much

though we didn't have a choice last night with Boro out and Gryba serving a fighting penalty and us being down by two.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
We still need to find a way to reduce that to a more reasonable amount if the goal is to go deep into the playoffs

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Does anyone know how much he actually played in the last ten minutes + OT? I can only remember him going off once :laugh:
kd1W59d.png

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I'm not so sure about that

I'm expecting Methot to have a much more profound effect on the depth of the D rather than Karlsson

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Objectively, Karlsson's first 15:ish games of the season weren't great. In fact, many of them were far from great.

He's gotten better as the season went on, but saying that he's clearly better than Pietrangelo is simply not true - it is homerism.

He can potentially fly in a league of his own, but he hasn't so far - aside from a few periods where he's shown flashes of pure dominance.

Last edited:

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
Power Play TOI (Total):
Karlsson 108:31, all other D combined: 47:06.
I know this is driven by using forwards on the point but what a crazy stat.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Objectively, Karlsson's first 15:ish games of the season weren't great. In fact, many of them were far from great.

He's gotten better as the season went on, but saying that he's clearly better than Pietrangelo is simply not true - it is homerism.

He can potentially fly in a league of his own, but he hasn't so far - aside from a few periods where he's shown flashes of pure dominance.

Perhaps you mean subjectively.

EK got better as the game went on, though. Based on last night alone, he was in a class higher than Piet. It's not close, he was dominant in the last 15 minutes.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
for those of you who wrongly think plus minus is an indicator of player performance Karlsson is a + PLUS + 1 in the last 5 games.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005

Karlsson has been the best defenceman in the NHL for several seasons. Except a crippling injury and recovery. Even at his level this season, which is lower then pre-injury... This is true. Save for Shea Weber no one has an argument. And this is including his problems at some aspects defensively. He is a truly dominating player. He plays like it is the 1980's... In a different era. He can literally skate through the entire ice at will and get a shot off. No one else in the NHL can do that. No one.
I mean he should not win the Norris this season... Yet. Lots of season to go. And I will guarantee he is highest scoring D in the NHL by years end by at least 10 points. He had flaws. His strengths more then make up for it.

He is the victim if ridiculous expectations and clearly still not quite recovered from the injury. Maybe he fully recovers? Maybe he adapts better? Doesn't matter. Best defenceman in the NHL. Player that touches the puck more then anyone in the League right now. And likely for many years to come.

Player worth the price of admission on his own.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
Power Play TOI (Total):
Karlsson 108:31, all other D combined: 47:06.
I know this is driven by using forwards on the point but what a crazy stat.

And the PP is running at a solid 20% (tied for 8th overall). What a stud.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Hopefully he can build on that 3rd period performance.

He's putting up points regularly but I wouldn't say his performances thus far have been consistent.

Comparing him to Pietrangelo is a laugh though. Alex isn't even the best defenceman on his own team.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00