Karlsson grabs the puck

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I mean obviously the symbolism is written all over the move, but it's certainly not a foregone conclusion that he's gone.

Sucks for Sens fans if he is, but hey they got the privilege of watching a great in his prime.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
He said "resign...", dont you know what that means?
re·sign
rəˈzīn
verb
verb: resign; 3rd person present: resigns; past tense: resigned; past participle: resigned; gerund or present participle: resigning
voluntarily leave a job or other position.
"he resigned from the government in protest at the policy"
synonyms:leave, hand in one's notice, give notice, stand down, step down
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
This doesn't mean too much to me outside of the fact he's prepared for the possibility he's not back in Ottawa. It doesn't mean he's gone or Melnyk is forcing him out and his house is on the market with the bags packed.

He's simply aware of what COULD happen and didn't want to miss out on what could be a sentimental thing to him.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Alfredsson did the same in 2013 FWIW

Alfredsson was considering retirement at the time he picked up the puck, and had no clue that the team was going to lowball the balls out of him when he said he wanted to come back for 1 or 2 more years.

Unless Karlsson is considering retirement, there's not much of a connection

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
re·sign
rəˈzīn
verb
verb: resign; 3rd person present: resigns; past tense: resigned; past participle: resigned; gerund or present participle: resigning
voluntarily leave a job or other position.
"he resigned from the government in protest at the policy"
synonyms:leave, hand in one's notice, give notice, stand down, step down
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Oh psyducks

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
I don't want to derail the thread, but I was a bit surprised nobody went after Lowry for doing this, especially after such a heated game.
It wasn't really that heated other than when two guys jumped Myers from behind and he somehow got 4 minutes for it. Aside from that one scrum it was pretty tame.

Lowry shot it right at the buzzer or close enough that I don't think anyone really cared. The Sens looked like they're just ready for the year to be done after that one.

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
It wasn't really that heated other than when two guys jumped Myers from behind and he somehow got 4 minutes for it. Aside from that one scrum it was pretty tame.

Lowry shot it right at the buzzer or close enough that I don't think anyone really cared. The Sens looked like they're just ready for the year to be done after that one.

“Somehow got 4 minutes” haha, that’s classic.

Anyway Karlsson’s not sure if he’ll be back so he picked up the puck. This day and age you can’t do that without having to answer for it immediately after unfortunately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad