Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Vancouver after this deal has...

Ryan (4y) @ $7.2500M
Eriksson (4y) @ $6.000M
Sutter (3y) $4.375M
Gagner (2y) @ $3.150M
Markstrom (2y) @ $3.667M

Karlsson would have to really carry some cheap players to a cup, or wait until 2022 to get out of cap hell and hopefully the GM builds a good roster around him.

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
I guess you didnt read the "extended Karlsson" part
As in pending UFA I mean he's gonna get paid. He said he wants to get paid his value which could be up to 10 mill and theres a good chance he's on the downhill swing right now. Last years playoff run might have been his highlight of his career and that ankle might not let him be anywhere near that player again. Yea he would be fun as hell to watch here but his contract would be an anchor to the team by the time we have to start paying some of these rookies and young guys.

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008
I believe Ottawa will wait til July 1st to trade Karlsson because they will get teams to negotiate an extension with him. He will pick his spot and the team getting him will give more because of the assurance he's sticking around.

Reactions: lanceuppercut75

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
For an extended Karlsson, id offer

To Van
Karlsson
Bobby Ryan

To Ottawa
7OA
2019 2nd rnd pick
Tanev
Kole Lind
Michael Dipietro

Is this enticing at all for Sens fans ?

Canuck eat Bobby Ryans contract witj no retention. That right there should get Melnyks attention.

-7OA has very high value.
-2nd rnd pick will most likely be a top 35 pick next year as Canucks are rebuilding.
- Tanev stabalizes the youth movement in Ottawa and then can be flipped for a 1st rnd pick at the deadline in a year or two when his contract expires.
- Kole Lind is a top5 Canuck prospect
- Dipetro was OHL goalie of the year and probably Canadas starter at WJC this upcoming winter.

I don’t see Karlsson as a fit in VAN. If they trade for him, they’re losing a lot of good peices. Vancouver as is, is still a ways from competing. Now just imagine if you trade away prospects that that are going to have a place on the team in the future. You’re delaying their rebuild. By the time VAN is ready to compete, Karlsson will be in his 30s. Not worth it, to me at least.

Feb 19, 2018
I actually see Karlsson in Vancouver very easily! Our management wants that big ticket and I could also see them luring in Tavares with the acusition. Ottawa will want him in the west for sure and Vancouver has the pieces to do it.

Shanejones

Jun 12, 2018
Eastern passage
Vancouver after this deal has...

Ryan (4y) @ $7.2500M
Eriksson (4y) @ $6.000M
Sutter (3y) $4.375M
Gagner (2y) @ $3.150M
Markstrom (2y) @ $3.667M

Karlsson would have to really carry some cheap players to a cup, or wait until 2022 to get out of cap hell and hopefully the GM builds a good roster around him.
I’m.....you are forgetting about all the youth coming up,most of the players you mentioned can be traded in next year or two for picks or any depth they might need. I honestly think with Karlsson on defence and the youth Van has coming in, the playoffs become reachable and once your in the playoffs, anything can happen

FoxyClean

Gets The Tough Pucks Out
Sep 19, 2016
Brooklyn
I thought he meant William Karlsson.

giphy.gif

BonAppleTea

May 16, 2013
Thats why i said an extended Karlsson. So sign and trade.

I also disagree that Karlsson wouldnt re sign in Van. The only hurdle i see os if he wants to only go to a contending team. But Vancouver can make a case that they can be there in 2-3 yrs .

Dont forget Vancouver probably has the biggest Sweedish history in the NHL with Sedins Gradin Naslund and even Sundin.

Currently they have Eriksson, Edler , Markstrom , Nilsson and of course the next Sweedish Phoenom Elias Pettersson.

Vancouver is also consistently voted as top 5 most beautiful cities to live in year in and year out. From alll acoounts Karlsson had no problem playing in a Canadian market.

I think Detroit would hold the title as most swedish team, at least that is what most people over here would say if you ask them about the NHL. Lidström, Zetterberg, Franzen, Holmström, Kronwall, Eriksson, Samuelsson. Vancouver really doesn't make that much fuss in the media here other than that year the Sedins were in the finals. And when they won trophies and stuff. Guess that could change in the future though

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
I think Vancouver is a real possibility for Karlsson

Maybe
2019 1st
2018 2nd
Gudbranson
Lind
Dipetro

Karlsson
Ryan

Ottawa can then choose which 1st next year to send to colorado
They get back a high 2nd this draft
Get a top four signed Dman to play
Two good prospects
Dump salary

Doyoulikeapples*

We stole Tavares
Feb 5, 2018
I’d say your probably wrong, we have one of if not the best prospect pool at this point and time, if Ottawa is looking for picks and prospects, we can outshine most other offers
Ottawa will likely want somewhat established young players. From the leafs alone I’d offer nylander , dermott/lil plus 1st. That easily trumps any Canucks offer.

Doyoulikeapples*

We stole Tavares
Feb 5, 2018
You said somewhat established young NHL players.....Nylander meets those requirements,Dermot not so much so you really offered Nylander and a first round draft pick.
Yes I did , therefore I included nylander. Dermott is also included as a high end d prospect. Plus a first. Since nylander is an established player , it trumps Vancouver’s offer of prospects only. That was my point. Move along kid

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Why would Ottawa be looking for partially established players? to me, they are going to have to go through a rebuild. Hoffman and Karlsson won't be with the org come Sept, I am pretty sure about that which means Ryan is most likely going to be on the trade block too and they'll probably have to lead with Duchene so they have at least a decent centre moving forward.

I think the mod needs to make an ALL KARLSSON TRADE thread :cool:

Shanejones

Jun 12, 2018
Eastern passage
Yes I did , therefore I included nylander. Dermott is also included as a high end d prospect. Plus a first. Since nylander is an established player , it trumps Vancouver’s offer of prospects only. That was my point. Move along kid
Wow, buds you don’t even know how ignorant you sound do ya? It’s Toronto fans like you how make hockey fans despise the leafs and the fan base.

Jan 21, 2018
Geez, I never thought about Vancouver, but it makes some sense.

Sedins are still living in the city.
Tons of cap space.
Best city to live in North America.

What do the Sedins living in Vancouver have to do with anything? These guys have barely played together in a handful of international games do you think he's going to move across Canada just so he can not even play with but just be in the same city as two retired hockey players?

Also Vancouver is not the best city to live in North America, unless of course you were just stating your opinion which by all means feel free to believe what you want.

Vegas could easily beat Vancouver's offer anyways. Tanev is barely worth a late 1st + decent prospect

Doyoulikeapples*

We stole Tavares
Feb 5, 2018
Wow, buds you don’t even know how ignorant you sound do ya? It’s Toronto fans like you how make hockey fans despise the leafs and the fan base.
<3. You know something , I am ignorant. Why ? Because everyone here is so damn confrontational you can’t simply talk hockey.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Why would a rebuilding team like Vancouver being trading for Karlsson? That’ll cripple our rebuild... this just makes zero sense for Van

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad