Rumor: Karl Alzner generating trade interest

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
can someone fill me in on what the problem is with Alzners game ?

only thought I have the Trotz connection . Sbisa + Montreal retains 1.6m of Alzners cap hit to bring it down to 3.0

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
can someone fill me in on what the problem is with Alzners game ?

only thought I have the Trotz connection . Sbisa + Montreal retains 1.6m of Alzners cap hit to bring it down to 3.0
Slow and average puck moving skills, probably would be fine as a 5-6 on a good team but at 4.6m...it's just wayyyy too much

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Haha Alzner got the 1st star last night in a 3-2 loss. Got 1 assist... But the guy who scored 2 plus 1 helper got nothing.

Someone is trying to generate interest? Yeah right.

Draft Dynasty

Oct 28, 2014
Alzner is still a decent player. I'm a habs fan and I can tell he is a bit better this year (I feel like he improve is mobility a bit). I've watch is last 2 games AHL and you can tell he's a clearly an NHLers. The thing is last year he was playing top 3-4 mins (20mins) too often and vs other team best line. He wasn't in the best spot to succeed and Habs didn't have anything better to put on the ice. He's still a good 5-6th D and PK guy that can give safe 17-18mins. Fair value would be 1,5M a year imo.

He also seem like a very good locker room guy and never gets injured.

Reactions: ProspectsFanatic

PKWeber

Mar 1, 2017
Montreal
Haha Alzner got the 1st star last night in a 3-2 loss. Got 1 assist... But the guy who scored 2 plus 1 helper got nothing.

Someone is trying to generate interest? Yeah right.

Philly needs to win now. Petry+Alzner+Hudon for Sanheim+2019 first round pick

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Philly needs to win now. Petry+Alzner+Hudon for Sanheim+2019 first round pick

Alzner doesnt generate any interest in Philly.

That nice package is a no-go.

Pretty sure both Philly and Mtl would like to win now but i dont see any window about to close.

Price, Weber, Giroux, Voracek not about to become Alznerlike.

Nice young pieces Drouin, Kotka, Patrick, Konecny, Provorov to slowly build around

promising Prospects Poehling, Brook, Frost, Hart

Jack Johnson

Jan 27, 2018
David Quenneville,Devon Toews,Robin Salo & Sebastian Aho For Karl Alzner,The New York Islanders Have Plenty Of Cap Space To Pull Off This Trade With Montreal.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
David Quenneville,Devon Toews,Robin Salo & Sebastian Aho For Karl Alzner,The New York Islanders Have Plenty Of Cap Space To Pull Off This Trade With Montreal.
:laugh:
Isles would not move Toews alone for this slow skating capdump making am undeserved $4.5m per.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
But we've been told that Poeling is going to be a bust. Why would you want him?
Why would a team whose GM says be wants a speedy and skilled team, want the slow skating Alzner making $4.5m on their 3rd pairing?

Canadian media or maybe the Habs front office , trying to build up a nonexistent Alzner market?

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
I don't see Alzner being moved this year, I think its a trade that more likely happens in the off season. I don't think Mtl is going to want to retain on his salary, so after this year where he is getting paid 6M, his actually dollar amount paid is something like 3.7M for 3 years. Mtl might have to take a contact back, but it won't have to retain much.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Jack Johnson

Jan 27, 2018
Anthony Beauvillier,Stephen Gionta,Kiefer Bellows,Michael Dal Colle,David Quenneville,Devon Toews,Robin Salo & Sebastian Aho For Brendan Gallagher & Karl Alzner,The New York Islanders Have Plenty Of Cap Space To Pull Off This Trade With Montreal.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
He made his career and value in the clutch and grab era. He still plays a reliable game in his own end but lacks vision. When you remove his contract, you come to realization that he is a decent depth piece if you were able to get him for 3 years at $3M or less.

The contract and term is a the hurdle

What? No he didn't. What's known as the 'clutch and grab era' ended around 2005-2006. Alzner was drafted in 2007.

Reactions: Hot Dog Water Shaw

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Anthony Beauvillier,Stephen Gionta,Kiefer Bellows,Michael Dal Colle,David Quenneville,Devon Toews,Robin Salo & Sebastian Aho For Brendan Gallagher & Karl Alzner,The New York Islanders Have Plenty Of Cap Space To Pull Off This Trade With Montreal.

What are you smoking? :cool: While I like Gallagher...we have far too many wingers in the system already.

If we trade Beau, it won't be for a winger.

Beau, Bellows, Toews and AHO are not on the table unless we have a high end dman or someone greater than a 2c coming back.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don't see Alzner being moved this year, I think its a trade that more likely happens in the off season. I don't think Mtl is going to want to retain on his salary, so after this year where he is getting paid 6M, his actually dollar amount paid is something like 3.7M for 3 years. Mtl might have to take a contact back, but it won't have to retain much.

Agreed. The other thing to note is the Habs don't need the cap space. Until we do, Alzner plays AHL or provides a depth NHL role. Why should the Habs move him for another bad contract? He signed the contract, now he has to live up to it. It's on him.

If teams want him and we retain, I'm not willing to liquidate him to help another team. Not when we don't need the cap space. Makes no sense.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Just stop. The Flyers aren't moving Sanheim or their first round pick for that collection of hot garbage. And let's be honest - it's exactly that.
Petry would lead all Flyers dman in point - by a wide margin. He has more points than Provorov, Sanheim and Folin points - combined. If he's hot garbage, I dont want to know how you qualify the Flyers defence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad