Injury Report: Kari Lehtonen out w/ Concussion no timetable for return - Nilstorp recalled

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
This obviously has serious implications to the season so I figured it deserved it's own thread.

Mark Stepneski ‏@StarsInsideEdge

Lindy Ruff said Kari Lehtonen not doing well today, they'll take it day by day. Calling it head injury.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
My guess is Christopher Nilstorp gets the nod.

Campbell has been fantastic, but only in very limited minutes due to injury. Plus, this is a perfect opportunity for Jack to take over the number 1 job in Texas.

Don't sleep on Nilstorp though as he's been very good this season for Texas, and he's more than capable of stepping into the NHL IMO.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Jim Nill you are a clairvoyant.

Can you award GM of the year for such a minor trade? You should be able to.

That move might have saved Dallas' season. I wouldn't like our chances with Ellis carrying the load.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
History In Pictures ‏@HistoryInPics

Terry Sawchuk - The face of a hockey goalie before masks became standard game equipment, 1966. pic.twitter.com/AkSepCEdO6

BiR35vvIYAApIY4.jpg

jhr1986

Jul 2, 2012
DFWish
I can't believe it took them so long to figure out masks.

Hope Kari feels better soon, but I have faith in Tim.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
If we would have been told a week ago that our goalie tandem moving forward would be Tim Thomas and Nihlstorp/Campbell, I would have laughed.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Backup update:

100 Degree Hockey ‏@100degreehockey

Team expects to make and announce decision on backup for Tim Thomas in Dallas in the next 2 hours. #txstars Nilstorp expected.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
It's incredibly frustrating that our season has been derailed by some piece of **** 4th line nobody.

With Lehtonen carrying the load we were as good as in with the schedule we have to close out the season. I simply don't trust Thomas.. his play has taken a big step back this year in Florida from where it was previously in his career.

I just hope that whoever they call up can win a game or two for the Stars, they'll need every extra point the way things are now.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
the over worrying side of me is screaming in panic that this could have career altering consequences for kari. concussions can be such a wake up call for athletes sometimes that they lose their feelings of invincibility/aggression. as mental as the position is, this could be a difficult thing to return from unchanged.

i couldn't think of another goaltender with a serious concussion.. anyone?

Brand New Stars

Ryan Miller last year? He got absolutely destroyed if I'm remembering correctly.

marquee

Apr 7, 2011
Smh thomas will look pedestrian behind this defence. Gotta pray kari is only out short term..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad