Signing(s): Kareem Hunt not to the Saints nor the Colts

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I guess the Saints are trying to change the RB room up a little bit and get a good citizen and standup guy like Hunt in there to counterbalance the thugs like Kamara

• Haha
Reactions: TheGreenTBer

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I guess the Saints are trying to change the RB room up a little bit and get a good citizen and standup guy like Hunt in there to counterbalance the thugs like Kamara

They tried like hell to get Deshaun Watson, so who can really say

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Maybe Derek Carr can bring Hunt and Kamara into the light

Is Jameis still in NO, or is he out there toiling in free agency still?
Nah, he's there. Had a pretty impassioned media availability near the start of camp about how excited he is for what he's doing as the backup. He knows he is one of the 32 best quarterbacks in the league, but 'that's not [his] role here'

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
For what it's worth, Hunt didn't get in any trouble while with the Browns.

But his play last season dropped off. He's 28 now, so keep your expectations down. There's a reason why he's hovered around in free agency all this time.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Two different people said it was ‘expected,’ and both are ESPN people, but sounds like from Adam that Hunt got a call while he was on the field, or going on the field from the Colts, so that’s probably what changed. Things change quickly.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I wonder if he ever got an offer from the Saints and just overplayed his hand, or did ESPN just jump the gun on him going to NO?
He did have an offer with the Saints, but while he was there he got a better one from the Colts that I think stopped him from working out.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
He's visiting the Vikings today now.

They have nothing besides Mattison.

Ty Chandler looked good last night but sucks in pass pro and O'Connell basically said last night "he needs to do that in practice too"
Nwangwu is injured and probably nothing more than a KR anyway, allbeit one of the better ones.
Dwayne McBride, a 7th round rookie has looked in over is head and seems destined for the PS.
And they just signed Abram Smith out of the XFL, who is fodder.

He probably has more opportunity there or with Indy (depending on Taylor's situation) than in NO. Where even with Kamara out 3 games they still have Williams and seem to like Miller. But it will probably come down to money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad