Kaprizov vs Svechnikov

Kaprizov vs Svechnikov

• Total voters

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Both good players, but I think Kaprizov will be a career PPG player and its going to be tough for Svechnikov to pick up his scoring pace enough to reach that career PPG mark......so I'm going with Kaprizov.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Both good players, but I think Kaprizov will be a career PPG player and its going to be tough for Svechnikov to pick up his scoring pace enough to reach that career PPG mark......so I'm going with Kaprizov.
Because Kaprizov wasn’t playing in the NHL as young as Svechnikov, I don’t get how that’s an argument to take one over the other

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Just like the Adam Larsson vs Jonas Brodin stuff back in the day i'm homer voting and 100% confident it's not going to be close in their careers who ends up better.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I obviously wish them both to be great, but still think Kaprizov is the smarter player, than Svech, and going to be more successful. But because my team is Team Russia I can pick them both, hehe. Yes, I'm a cheater.

Reactions: Bread4Life

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Completely objectively I still take Svech, based on age and his physical impact on the game. Obviously Kirill right now is better but Svech's upside is absolutely 100+ point player and I think he does reach that upside. Really like both players though. Minny got a great one, hope he stays there his whole career and doesn't pull a Panarin after this contract.

Khomutov

Sep 22, 2015
Kaprizov. We will see how Svechnikov will developing in the future, he is still only 21. But right now i would take Kaprizov, he is a beast.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Sure, but what I'm saying is Svechnikov probably has more untapped potential than Kaprizov given age and how he's already just sub what Kaprizov is doing.

Svechnikov hasn't especially progressed for the last 2 years. He didn't look great last season, and this season he started hot, but has now slowed significantly.

Last edited:

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Like Svech a lot but this is Kirill and it's not that close. He is a 1st line offensive catalyst and has some of the best edgework in the league. His controlled zone entries are among the best in the league. Svech is more of a run of the mill top line winger with things to work on.

Peeri

Jan 13, 2016
Western Finland
Surprised to see that Svech demolished Kaprizov in last poll. Kaprisov at this point in their careers is clearly the better player. There is a chance that Svechnikov could possibly peak higher, but it's doubtful for me.

Conbon

Oct 4, 2016
London
One is greedy and the other just took a team friendly deal with term. I'll take Svech.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
It's a good poll question. It's definitely a thinker. Svechnikov has a more bullish physical dimension that Kaprizov doesn't, and never will have. But in terms of purely driving a line, and even an offensive unit as a whole...i do think Kaprizov has shown a little bit more. His impact on the Wild offense as a catalyst is hard to ignore. But i think in most scenarios, i'd still just lean ever so slightly toward Svechnikov. He's a few years younger, he's bigger, he's already nearly as good...and he has a physical toolset that Kaprizov is never going to possess, that gives him the edge in "ultimate upside".

But it's definitely worth thinking about. Kaprizov really might have the edge in terms of pure, raw skill and vision, and the ability to elevate those around him.

Reactions: BKarchitect

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
It's a good poll question. It's definitely a thinker. Svechnikov has a more bullish physical dimension that Kaprizov doesn't, and never will have. But in terms of purely driving a line, and even an offensive unit as a whole...i do think Kaprizov has shown a little bit more. His impact on the Wild offense as a catalyst is hard to ignore. But i think in most scenarios, i'd still just lean ever so slightly toward Svechnikov. He's a few years younger, he's bigger, he's already nearly as good...and he has a physical toolset that Kaprizov is never going to possess, that gives him the edge in "ultimate upside".

But it's definitely worth thinking about. Kaprizov really might have the edge in terms of pure, raw skill and vision, and the ability to elevate those around him.

Svechnikov is a few inches taller, but Kaprizov is built like a brick shit house (about 205-210 lbs) and can also play a physical game. I would still give Svech the edge here, but maybe by not as much as you think.

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Svechnikov is ahead at the same age and has a longer development curve based on body type. He isn't even close to his peak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad