Speculation: Kapanen, not Nylander for a dman

Status
Not open for further replies.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Leafs aren’t trading Nylander for a dman[citation needed] - he’s young and has put up 60 points in his first two seasons, with some fantastic underlying stats. His caliber of forward for a defensive dman is the type of trade that teams tend to wind up regretting.

That being said, the Leafs have another high-skilled young winger that’s ready to break into the league that fits just outside their core group. There are rumours that Dubas hadn’t originally wanted him from Pittsburgh in the Kessel deal, so he may still be less attached to him.

This isn’t to say he’s a bad player his underlying stats are rock solid, and he’s primarily been used in a defensive capacity. He’s got loads of skill, and just needs the offensive opportunity to break out.

Obviously there would be more sweetner coming with him than a potential Nylander deal, but he is likely the starting point for the Leafs.
C9329935-FD54-4FEB-890C-755406C485E5.png

Now excuse me while I charge my phone.

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
Leafs aren’t trading Nylander for a dman[citation needed] - he’s young and has put up 60 points in his first two seasons, with some fantastic underlying stats. His caliber of forward for a defensive dman is the type of trade that teams tend to wind up regretting.

That being said, the Leafs have another high-skilled young winger that’s ready to break into the league that fits just outside their core group. There are rumours that Dubas hadn’t originally wanted him from Pittsburgh in the Kessel deal, so he may still be less attached to him.

This isn’t to say he’s a bad player his underlying stats are rock solid, and he’s primarily been used in a defensive capacity. He’s got loads of skill, and just needs the offensive opportunity to break out.

Obviously there would be more sweetner coming with him than a potential Nylander deal, but he is likely the starting point for the Leafs.
View attachment 128049
Now excuse me while I charge my phone.
I'll give you Granlund for Kapanen. And I'll keep Tanev.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Not sure many teams are jumping at the opportunity to trade away a top 4 Dman for a 4th liner

Reactions: DaveG

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Kapanen for Olofsson or Belpedio

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Trading Kapanen would only bring a proven 5-6 D back. In a deal you would have to target a semi-proven D with high upside from a team with good depth at the position and take the gamble that it works out. Something like Rasmus Andersson (not to say Calgary would do that).

disgruntleddave

Aug 31, 2009
Canada
From a cap perspective, guys who are just breaking in like Kapanen are especially valuable. With the cap distribution the team will have, we will need a steady influx of cheaper wingers to fill spots as guys expect raises. You don't move Kappy any time too soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad