Kapanen easing into new organization after move to Toronto

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005
kasperi_kapanen_toronto_103015.jpg
Photo: Toronto Marlies forward and Toronto Maple Leafs prospect Kasperi Kapanen has produced seven points in 11 games for the Marlies in 2015-16 (courtesy of Graig Abel/Getty Images)

</p>For a hockey fan, the arrival of July 1st means the unofficial start to the coming hockey season. The event sparking this fan interest is the start of the NHL’s annual free agency period, where player movement, or more specifically, rumors of player movement tend to dominate the hockey headlines and the news-hungry Twitterverse.

Hockey players can be hockey fans as well, of course, so even those that have no connection to the events of a particular free agency period can still take an interest in the proceedings.… read more

The post Kapanen easing into new organization after move to Toronto appeared first on Hockey's Future.

More...

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Appears that his not interested in WJC
Not this again. This topic was covered earlier and we pretty much have him on the record that he wants to go.

Of course, when you're talking to the Finnish media, it'd be pretty unthinkable to say you don't want to go, I'll give him that. I wonder where this piece drew the conclusion that his participation is "unlikely". I'd like to see the exact quote, and whether it was from Kapanen himself, or the Leafs.

Not that it would improve the odds either way, but at least it'd give us an idea whether he personally thinks lowly of the event or if his club team situation is hindering the trip. That being said, I don't see any sensible reason why the club should stop him either... but I'm not part of their office, obviously.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad