Recalled/Assigned: Kapanen Called Up

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Brown started on 4th line.

Where else would Babcock put him? He slowly brought Brown in by playing him 4th line for 20 to 25 games as well. When you have a massive influx of talent eventually you have trouble placing them all, unless you want a 5th line.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Where else would Babcock put him? He slowly brought Brown in by playing him 4th line for 20 to 25 games as well. When you have a massive influx of talent eventually you have trouble placing them all, unless you want a 5th line.

If only we had a 4th line type of player who was playing with line-mates who were way too skilled for him... hummmm... yep, nowhere to put Kapenan.

KlattNazty

Feb 3, 2011
well he will be a winger, he is talented enough to play LW though and we may need him too. But I get your main point in that Babs said he wont be a C

In that conversation it was stated that this was not for next year.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
^^ Kappy can look like Willy sometimes coming up the ice.

We need to keep kappy with the big 3. Willy and kappy are friends, Mitch and Matty. Those are the top 4 to build around with kadri. Brown is another but less so.

I still think
XXXX. Matthews Marner
XXXX. Nylander. Kappy
XXXX. Kadri. Brown
Martin. Gauthier. Hyman

Then we have leipsic. Korshkov. rychel grundstrom as my next picks

No room for Lindberg, Bracco leivo.

WilliamInLondon

Mar 24, 2016
We need to keep kappy with the big 3. Willy and kappy are friends, Mitch and Matty. Those are the top 4 to build around with kadri. Brown is another but less so.

I still think
XXXX. Matthews Marner
XXXX. Nylander. Kappy
XXXX. Kadri. Brown
Martin. Gauthier. Hyman

agree with this. for me, in the quest for defensive upgrades, those are the 5 forwards that i would not consider moving in any plausible trade scenario - Matthews, Nylander, Marner, Kadri, Kapanen.

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
^^ Kappy can look like Willy sometimes coming up the ice.

More than once i was like "ohh willy got the pucl he's so awesome with the puck" just for the number to be reveiled and it would be kapanen.. at times they look identical when carrying the puck

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad

I still think
JVR. Matthews Marner
Grundström. Nylander. Kappy
Korshkov. Kadri. Brown
Martin. Gauthier. Hyman

JVR might still be resigned. Size and skill and he can have his unstoppable games when he realize that.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Yeah, "Jimmy" can be frustrating at times but he got amazing puck skills, good size and his hand eye coordination is elite.

But I am not against trading him, just that we should be aware what we trade away.

MarryMarner

Mar 31, 2008
JVR brings an element to the forward group that no one else has and we are also incredibly weak on LW.

If we use him to acquire a defenseman, which I'm all for, then we need to replace him and I wouldn't count on Rychel to do that.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Boyle should absolutely be re-signed if possible. That 4th line went from useless to good as soon as he arrived. I know people here love having a lineup full of teenagers but the experience he provided was great. No idea if he even wants to come back but if he does, he should be signed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad