Kane?

Jbo90

Oct 22, 2013
I heard Kane would like to play centre not sure if this is true but if so wouldn't a Peluso Kane wheeler line would look awesome

So you'd have

Ladd Little seto
Peluso Kane wheeler
Wright schiefle frolik
Tangradi joiknen/slater halischuk

Just thought Peluso showed a lot of drive and potential playing him with scorers and also having the ability to protect our stars right away would be awesome what do you guys think?

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Too much of a hypothetical for me.
I might be the BIGGEST Peluso fan boy around. But if Tony P. is your second line winger, you're a very bad team. I think he can and will develop into a nice 3rd liner, or a very good fourth liner.

As for Kane wanting to play centre, I think his style of play is far better suited on the wing.

DancesWithWookies

Aug 22, 2011
Too much of a hypothetical for me.
I might be the BIGGEST Peluso fan boy around. But if Tony P. is your second line winger, you're a very bad team. I think he can and will develop into a nice 3rd liner, or a very good fourth liner.

As for Kane wanting to play centre, I think his style of play is far better suited on the wing.

I love Peluso too :)

Rook37

Feb 22, 2013
Winnipeg
if Tony P. is your second line winger, you're a very bad team. I think he can and will develop into a nice 3rd liner, or a very good fourth liner.

Basically these. Kane is one hell of a winger and I'm not sure how his game would transition to playing centre. On top of that, we don't have enough depth at LW for Kane to move over, and Peluso (as much as I love him and you know I do :yo:) is not anywhere near capable of filling in for Kane at 2LW. If he gets a lot (a lot) better, and Wheeler finds his game, I would almost consider it - but I just really don't think it's worth it.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Would not like to see Kane as a centre myself. I don't think his game translates to C. Kane is not that good as a playmaker and distributor, and he's not a great passer. His skills seem perfectly suited to playing on the wing though where he can use his elite speed and physicality down the wing and along the boards.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
I 'd love to see Kane as a centre, but I would also like to see 2 clean passes 1st.......

Exactly. If you're putting Kane at centre, you may as well just make it a one person line.
No need for wingers, as they'll just skate around the whole game screaming..."over here! I'm open, I'm open!!!"

Last edited:

Klinger

I was saying Boourns
Aug 27, 2013
PEI
He does realize passing is sort of an integral part of being a center right?

On the other hand, if he were to play center, Scheifele could be moved to the wing to figure out his NHL game basics, kind of like Montreal is doing with Galchenyuk.

Klinger

I was saying Boourns
Aug 27, 2013
PEI
I'm pretty sure that guy is Claude Noel in disguise.

If he was it would probably look more like this

Wright Wright Wright
Wright Wright Wright
Wright Wright Wright

Wright Wright
Wright Wright
Wright Wright

Pavelec
Joey Moss

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Would not like to see Kane as a centre myself. I don't think his game translates to C. Kane is not that good as a playmaker and distributor, and he's not a great passer. His skills seem perfectly suited to playing on the wing though where he can use his elite speed and physicality down the wing and along the boards.

This.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad