Kane, Miettinen, Jokinen

jetsfan8

Mar 13, 2013
okay, thought it was time for a thread on this debacle

how much longer do we need to torture kane?
it doesnt make any sense, our hockey teams best player is playing on a line with our hockey teams two worst players?
whats it gunna take for claude to realize this?

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
okay, thought it was time for a thread on this debacle

how much longer do we need to torture kane?
it doesnt make any sense, our hockey teams best player is playing on a line with our hockey teams two worst players?
whats it gunna take for claude to realize this?

I have no idea... Kane and Jokinen have not worked well...
Some of it is chemistry and some of it is just Jokinen has had a bad year.

If I was Noel I'd be doing this when everyone is healthy:

Ladd-Little-Wheeler
Kane-Antropov-AAA
BBB-Jokinen-Wellwood
Wright-Slater-Peluso

Start off Burmistrov in BBB slot and as Noel gains more confidence and Burmistrov plays more within the parameters created by Noel you can switch him and Miettinen.

Jokinen played his best with Wellwood and Kane plays well with Antropov and Burmistrov.

EDIT:
In the end, the problem is that Antropov, Miettinen, Burmistrov, Jokinen and Wellwood are all third line players. And although Antropov and Burmistrov are really good third line players, the team needs at least one more top6er to work and lose one of the above (my vote is on Mittens).

Last edited:

EhlersPLDConnor

Mar 25, 2012
Winnipeg
Mietinen. Idk what he brings to that 2nd line at all.. He has had a bazillion wide open net opportunities; only to shoot it right at the goalie. Very frustrating to watch.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Mietinen. Idk what he brings to that 2nd line at all.. He has had a bazillion wide open net opportunities; only to shoot it right at the goalie. Very frustrating to watch.

The bad pass to Jokinen that hit the back of Jokinen's skate when he should have shot sums up Mittens lack of hockey IQ.

I think it would be clear to even a casual hockey fan that neither Mittens or Jokinen have any business playing on a line with Kane. Mittens is clearly a borderline NHL'er and Jokinen is clearly a 3rd line centre at best.

jetsfan8

Mar 13, 2013

i have said it many time, he is a HORRIBLE hockey player
thats why i cant understand why he is on. the second line, its a OUTRAGE

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Miettinen has no business being anywhere near the top 6. Having said that, I thought the Kane-Jokinen-Mittens line showed more today than they have in awhile.

i have said it many time, he is a HORRIBLE hockey player
thats why i cant understand why he is on. the second line, its a OUTRAGE

Nah, he's no more "horrible" than fan favourites like James Wright and Jim Slater. The problem is that, for whatever reason, teams have tried to utilize him as a 2nd line playmaker for his entire career.

Miettinen is a solid third line player, preferably on a third line that's constructed more as a scoring third line than a shutdown line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad