Kane, 11 points in his last 4 games when facing elimination

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Good luck trying to shadow a magician. No one player can touch him.

Attempt to shadow Kane and then Keith, Hossa, Toews and Seabrook will eat you up (not saying that are all on the ice at the same time, but you get what I mean).

The core group is so insanely offensively talented that they can just overwhelm a team when they dig deep.

HawkinMI

Mar 24, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
Honestly I don't think we need another "Kane is good in the playoffs" thread.. but he does seem to have this thing where he disappears in the earlier rounds and shows up when adversity rears its ugly head and people are calling him out.

He's a treat to watch when he's on, last night's GWG was incredible stuff. When he's off he can be incredibly frustrating, like the other games in this series.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
If I were the Ducks I would assign a player to shadow him for game 7.

If I were the Ducks I would force Getzlaf to watch tape of Kane elevating his game continuously until Game 7 begins.

Could learn a thing or two about how to step up in big games. 9 closeout/elimination games as the C = -7 2 assists. :help:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Nearly single-handedly won the series vs. the Kings last year when we went nuts on the back end. Seems to get stronger as a series goes along. Total houdini. Magician is a perfect descriptor.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
sick stat

normal.png

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
On his way to becoming the best American forward of all time. So much fun to watch.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
That's why the only way to beat the Hawks is by outscoring them. I don't mean that in the "of course you have to outscore every team to win" kind of way, but in the "you most likely have to score 4 or 5 goals to win" kind of way.

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
Nearly single-handedly won the series vs. the Kings last year when we went nuts on the back end. Seems to get stronger as a series goes along. Total houdini. Magician is a perfect descriptor.

Maybe if he hadn't disappeared completely in the early stages of that series (1 point in 4 games), his team wouldn't have been down 1-3, thus giving Chicago a chance to advance. If a player is oh so clutch, he doesn't lead his team into such a hole that even great performances aren't enough to get them back out.

Kane has definately shown that he can perform well in the playoffs, but that series is completely overrated. Fail completely in the early stages and then put in big performances to bring the team back only to fall short in the end, "what a clutch player", deliver strong performances while your team cruises through the round, no one says a word.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
To be honest, he's been kind of quiet in this series. So either the Ducks are already doing the right things and have nothing to worry about, or he's due and will take over Saturday night.

HawkinMI

Mar 24, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
To be honest, he's been kind of quiet in this series. So either the Ducks are already doing the right things and have nothing to worry about, or he's due and will take over Saturday night.

Ducks had shadowed him really well games 1-3. Games 4-6 as other players began to pick up the slack in scoring, the Ducks understandably shifted coverage off him a bit, and he made them pay.

Hopefully more of the same in game 7

Mashed Potatoes

Feb 14, 2015
So he is statisticly estimated to put up 3 points? So Chicago starts with a 3-0 lead even before the game has begun...

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
Ducks had shadowed him really well games 1-3. Games 4-6 as other players began to pick up the slack in scoring, the Ducks understandably shifted coverage off him a bit, and he made them pay.

Hopefully more of the same in game 7

The Ducks have been playing their best shutdown players against Toews all series, like every team does. Unless you're suggesting they started shadowing Richards? It's ok to say Kane didn't play very well in the first 5 games, because he didn't. He was dominant in game 6 though, and I expect him to be dominant again tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad