K'Andre Miller or Ty Smith?

K'Andre Miller or Ty Smith

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Smith imo, is only behind Dahlin for the best drafted (or undrafted I guess) defenseman since 2017.

I'm convinced he's going to be the next Duncan Keith, except be that good at age 21 instead of 25.

Reactions: vtdevils2k

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Miller is much more of a long term prospect who could turn out better than Smith, however ATM Smith is the better prospect. They both are pretty different players though so its an interesting comparison

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
both very good and underrated. ill take miller.

id take both over dobson tbh
reminds me more of klingberg
I’d take Dobson over both but K’Andre plays nothing like Klingberg (or even Burns.) Don’t know how you came to that

His playstyle is a lot like Seth Jones, K’Andre actually models his game after Jones and Greg Moore compared them as well. He’s not really an offensive defenseman. It’s hard to really define Miller’s game though

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I’d take Dobson over both but K’Andre plays nothing like Klingberg (or even Burns.) Don’t know how you came to that

His playstyle is a lot like Seth Jones, K’Andre actually models his game after Jones and Greg Moore compared them as well. He’s not really an offensive defenseman. It’s hard to really define Miller’s game though
jones is a good comp as well. i guess he is a bit more n/s than klingberg and not as good hands but they both play with a certain poise and smoothness

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I know that prior to the draft a ton of Devils fans had Miller as their most wanted guy at #17, but that was because no one imagined that Smith would still be on the board.

I was very happy to take I guy I never dreamed would still be there, but was a little miffed the Rangers ended up getting the guy I originally was hoping for.

I think the only correct answer right now is that currently Smith is the better prospect but they both have tremendous upside, and either could easily end up being the better player in the long run.

Both players are much better than their draft positions and will likely end up being top-10 in future redrafts (possibly top-5).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad