GDT: Kaliyev... For Smith and Pacioretty

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Not sure what's going on with the Kings but to pull this deal off speaks volumes about where the Kings are! Its a last stab for Blake to salvage his job and maybe the season!Not sure who's going to play where or with whom but Smith was a decent player for Knights in the 6 years he was there and Pacioretty was good many years ago in Montreal and was a player rumored to be going to LA several seasons ago. Not sure what's left in the tank,both are LWingers something the Kings have a need for. If Smith can mesh with Dubois and Laferriere that would be great as for Pacioretty...not sure what to make of this deal honestly,he does have some size but has been injury prone the last few seasons now...hopefully he's done with that though and can contribute! Good Luck to Arthur Kaliyev hope he catches fire and scores 40 goals next season in Pittsburgh with Crosby or Malkin

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Oops,thought Arthur was going to Pitt but...Good Luck to Kaliyev in Washington hope he gets a tonne of Ice time and scores 40 with whomever is going to be the Centre for him

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Oops,thought Arthur was going to Pitt but...Good Luck to Kaliyev in Washington hope he gets a tonne of Ice time and scores 40 with whomever is going to be the Centre for him
Are you making this up? Pacioretty turned down the Kings years back and it would be pointless to bring him to this team. He is not good anymore.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Another thing that just came to me was the money aspect since the Kings have precious little room Cap wise...so I'm thinking Blake isn't done dealing...Lizotte maybe Roy so as to fit Clarke and Spence into the line up...something has to give in LA

Are you making this up? Pacioretty turned down the Kings years back and it would be pointless to bring him to this team. He is not good anymore.
Its a done deal he's headed to LA along with Reilly Smith...

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Another thing that just came to me was the money aspect since the Kings have precious little room Cap wise...so I'm thinking Blake isn't done dealing...Lizotte maybe Roy so as to fit Clarke and Spence into the line up...something has to give in LA

Its a done deal he's headed to LA along with Reilly Smith...
Smith plays for a different team than Patch.
Where do you see this deal?

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
oops...its getting late and I must have smoked too much of the good stuff...read about a deal and looked afterwards where it says a propose Mock trade...Sorry again

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
facepalm-really.gif

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I guess 1 person around these parts hearing voices in their head wasn't enough.

Patches made a valiant effort to return from the back to back injuries achilles he had, and he's been unlucky this season with his shooting %, but he's not going to help a playoff team at this point, he can still shoot the puck ok, but that's about it.

The Caps are just a graveyard of washed up players right now, reminds me of the mid 90's Kings.

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
Smith and Pacioretty are on different teams, so would the Pens and Caps share Kaliyev in this scenario? Which team does he play for when they play each other?

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
closing this thread. Reminder for everyone here, if you're going to post trade rumors/speculation its got to be from legit sources. Until a trade has actually been made, lets keep all Trade Deadline speculation in the roster thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad