Post-Game Talk (GBU): Kaleta a Tank Commander Too

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
G:
Ristolainen: over 24 minutes played, 1st goal of season, 2nd plus game of season, good passes out of zone, good getting shot through traffic.
Zadorov: over 25 minutes played, 1st NHL assist, +3
McCormick: 10 faceoff wins (67%)
Kaleta: tomahawk chop to the back of Suter's head
Girgensons: enough said
Three goals

B:
Zadorov needs to work on his passes out of the zone. Good development here.
6 GA

U:

Has Kaleta learned?
I watched the Kaleta penalty against Suter several times. As Ray said, he was off balance when he came down with the stick. However, it looks to me that his stick came down with force (and on purpose). Kaleta must of been frustrated being cross checked, slashed across the hands, hooked/speared? in the arm/shoulder, and sticked from chest to helmet.... all without drawing a penalty. Has his effectiveness with drawing penalties been diminished, or is this one game/one set of refs?

Last edited:

PunchImlach is Alive

Jul 15, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
B:
Zadorov needs to work on his passes out of the zone. Good development here.

Zadorov has shown a lot of fun upside thus far but this is definitely a glaring hole probably due to his lack of maturity in his game at this stage. He's definitely made some peculiar passes while being up here. Otherwise, relatively solid.

jvirk

Oct 31, 2013
Zadorov needs to work the most on his D-zone positioning. He's gotta tie up his man, especially in the front of the net...so many times tonight there were guys wide open in front of the net and idk wtf he was doing. He has a good offensive imagination which I'm glad to see...but he's gotta work on that D-zone and also passes out of the D-zone.

2 big things for him to make leaps and bounds in his game. He'll be a good one, but still I'd like to see those 2 areas improved big time.

I did like how he battled...it'll get better as he gets more confidence/experience.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
Zadorov plays over 25 minutes and is +3, but he's the one who needs to work on his D? Ok.

G: Our future core is already leading this team.

B: Our future core is already leading this team.

U: I enjoyed the game. I'm getting too used to losing.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
Wow - exaggerate much on the Kaleta play? It was a complete accident and not that big of a deal. If he had really "tomahawk chopped" Suter, the main board would be blowing up right now.

Anyway, very excited by the RR-Z pairing and Girgensons' continued offensive development. I won't dwell on the rest of the game. But hey - at least we scored 3 goals!

Bps21*

Guys...Risto, Girgs and Zads are our best players already...and only one of them isnt a teenager.

The future..guys...the future.

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
G- was another fun game to watch, especially the first 10 minutes
-Zemgus, Risto & Zad
-Gionta and Flynn were both solid
-Ennis making things happen, seems more comfortable with less responsibility
-Myers seemed a bit more relaxed, not trying to force things like earlier in the season

B- Coyle made Myers look silly
- tired of Stewart already

U- the Hodgson situation. I am not a Hodgson fan but he is better than this, either find a way to make him effective or get rid of him.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Zemgood at hockey.

Gotta love that the only major three key future components that are currently on the big boy roster continue to be the best players nightly.

Weber getting danced by Coyle was entertaining. Weber missed the part in squirts where they tell dmen to keep their eyes up and focused on the opponent's chest, not the puck.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
G- was another fun game to watch, especially the first 10 minutes
-Zemgus, Risto & Zad
-Gionta and Flynn were both solid
-Ennis making things happen, seems more comfortable with less responsibility
-Myers seemed a bit more relaxed, not trying to force things like earlier in the season

B- Coyle made Myers look silly
- tired of Stewart already

U- the Hodgson situation. I am not a Hodgson fan but he is better than this, either find a way to make him effective or get rid of him.

Hodgson mailing it in thus far is disappointing. He isn't this bad, I agree, but the lack of effort is most concerning. And you can't deal him when he's at an all time low value wise. I guess we have to wait until our ****** coach placeholder is gone and hope his stock can increase to appeal to someone.

Suffice to say now, though, that a guy I labeled as part of the answer in a few years is far from that: he's part of the problem, and should be phased out somehow and not included in the picture for Dream '18

Bps21*

I think there's more than a decent chance that Hodgson just is this bad.

Even when he was "trying" he was probably the biggest negative forward in the league.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
I think there's more than a decent chance that Hodgson just is this bad.

Even when he was "trying" he was probably the biggest negative forward in the league.

He created offense.

If we got that kind of production, and didn't force him to play the center position and leak out defensively, he could potentially be an asset to us again.

Not happening

cardiffgiant

Continue without supporting us
Sep 28, 2005
G
-Zads
-Girgs

B
-Benoit. Is there a worse defensemen in the league? I can't remember which goal, but he basically no look passed it right into the slot onto a shooters stick. Unreal.

U
-Kaleta didn't get any love from the officials in his first game back, and the chop looked like a "whupps I'm off balance" intentional whack to me.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
G:
-The miracle of 3 goals!
-Young guys with some real good games (Risto, Zads, Girgensons).
-Very watchable/entertaining game. I don't expect wins from this team, but looking actually somewhat competitive is nice.

B:
-I still miss Pominville

U:
-I'm pretty sure the Wild failed to show a tribute video for Moulson and McCormick. No class. :sarcasm:

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I just watched it. I don't know what to tell you if you consider that a tomahawk chop.

If not a tomahawk chop, then at least he intended for some payback. Another poster thought it was intentional as well.

Watch the arm that his stick is in and how he swings it downward much faster than needed to be able to regain his balance.

I'm not saying it is the worst thing...I put it under "good" too. Crosby spearing Deslaurier was just as bad. Dirty crap happens every game. The difference is Crosby can get away with stuff that Kaleta can't.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad