Confirmed with Link: Kale Clague, Signed, D, 1-year, 2-way, $750,000

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Yes he’s solved our long term organizational hole with a one year two way contract.

Be careful you don’t trip over that high bar you’ve set

Jesus, what “organizational hole”? It’s like context is just completely lost. Yes, we have a smaller D prospect pool than most teams and not real high quality…but maybe that has to do with the fact our top 4 is set for the foreseeable future with their ages being 23, 22, 22, and 19

So assuming Pilut comes back, that leaves 3 competing for the #7 Dman.

Good pickup as either our #7 or for Rochester.

Fitz, Clague, Pilut, Davies I guess. Pretty decent 7-10

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
1 year. 2 way. $750K. 24 years old. Former WHL d-man of the year. Probably only sees a few games with the Sabres, depending on injuries and his play.

But we're doomed now, right?

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
deux volets = two year. I think. I guess the 325K is a bonus?
No, deux volets means two-way, AHL/NHL

Clague isn't bad, but he isn't very good either. Expect a journeyman who might sneak into a top 4 role in the perfect situation.

Only downside to this... he was on the Canadian U20 team in 2018.
I think he was actually out of the country when the events occurred. He doesn't need to explain much, just show his passport stamps.
EDIT: I may be confusing him with Mete. Please ignore this part.

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Yeah, it's concerning for sure.

Clague's agent had a criminal defense lawyer respond to the questions in the above report and one of the six represented by the same agency (Wasserman) sounds like they are implicated.

Global News reached out to the agents for all players on the 2018 Hockey Canada roster asking whether each player had participated in the Henein Hutchison probe, and whether they were involved in the alleged sexual assault.

Regarding questions about six players on the 2018 roster put to sports agency Wasserman Hockey, Global News received a statement from Scott Fenton, a criminal defence lawyer based in Toronto.

“We act for one of the players referenced in your email inquiry and have consulted with counsel for the other players you reference. All of Global News’ questions will be asked and answered during the pending NHL investigation. That said, none of the players you reference engaged in any wrongdoing, all of the players cooperated fully with the independent London Police Service investigation in 2018, and all players were then cleared of any wrongdoing,” Fenton wrote.

“Naming any of these players now, or attempting to associate any of them in any way with alleged criminal wrongdoing, or alleging that they were not cooperative with the London Police or willing to cooperate with Hockey Canada, will constitute materially false statements constituting defamation causing serious financial and reputational harm.”

Per this, he was absent from the event: NHL players exposed in alleged sexual assault following lawsuit settlement with Hockey Canada

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
No, deux volets means two-way, AHL/NHL

Clague isn't bad, but he isn't very good either. Expect a journeyman who might sneak into a top 4 role in the perfect situation.

I think he was actually out of the country when the events occurred. He doesn't need to explain much, just show his passport stamps.

Sounds like all of the members of the team are likely due scrutiny and sounds like they would be called to testify. Mete for one sounds like he's prepared to help and he was one of those verifiably out of town.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Sounds like all of the members of the team are likely due scrutiny and sounds like they would be called to testify. Mete for one sounds like he's prepared to help and he was one of those verifiably out of town.
Oh, I might have been confusing him with Mete.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Oh, I might have been confusing him with Mete.

Three were stated to be not there/out of the country. Clague is one, Mete is another. They do want to question everyone though per what Westhead said the other day. And it sounds like a bunch of the guys never spoke to the Hockey Canada investigation - at least by what Mete posted.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Three were stated to be not there/out of the country. Clague is one, Mete is another. They do want to question everyone though per what Westhead said the other day. And it sounds like a bunch of the guys never spoke to the Hockey Canada investigation - at least by what Mete posted.
Mete, Makar, Gadjovich, Fabbro, Foote and Timmins have come out publicly and said they weren’t involved.

Not to discount what she went through, but I hope both Katchouk and Raddysh come out saying they’re not involved. I cheered for them as Greyhounds (still do) so I’d prefer that they don’t make me regret that decision. As we’ve had some incidences up here wrt some players and women.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
I'm pretty sure Clague was one of Montreal's tank commanders. His offense hasn't translated to the NHL, so unless you see a reclamation project in him, he's an AHL'er. Even then, the Amerks defense worries me a bit with how allergic to defense as a whole that collective is looking on paper.

Clague, Kyrou, and Mete were the three not at the event per yesterday's Star article.

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Mete, Makar, Gadjovich, Fabbro, Foote and Timmins have come out publicly and said they weren’t involved.

Not to discount what she went through, but I hope both Katchouk and Raddysh come out saying they’re not involved. I cheered for them as Greyhounds (still do) so I’d prefer that they don’t make me regret that decision. As we’ve had some incidences up here wrt some players and women.

Prepare to be disappointed. I know that hearing that Hockey Canada has MULTIPLE other cases like this for other iterations of the U20 teams during Westhead's conversation on Dangle's video podcast was also disturbing since this behavior is f***ing abhorrent and should be stamped the f*** out.

Last edited:

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

1679713172939.png

Reactions: Butt Ox

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad