Kakko vs Cozens

Who is more valuable - Kakko or Cozens

• Total voters

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
I’ve actually watched all of their games this season. In terms of two way play, the only guy who has been more consistent is Buchnevich, who has been the team’s most consistent forward overall all season. View attachment 427150

That’s from a little earlier on in the season, but Kakko’s advanced stats haven’t changed much. If anything, the GF/60 and xGF/60 have gone up since he’s put up more goals and points recently.

Yes, I agree that’s what I said. What I also said is his season has not been incredible, as it has not been. An incredible season is one that McDavid is putting up.

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
Agree. He's looked good and you see the potential there. But you can't be incredible without actual production. He needs to work on his skating and his shot and actually produce before being called incredible.

Oh yea you can definitely see the potential. He will be good for sure.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
This shouldnt even be a debate.

Kakko this season has been incredible. His 2 way game, his board play, his vision and his IQ has increased so much from last season its like a completely different player from last year. He has settled now and we are massively seeing the benefits.

Cozens will be great for Buffalo but he is not at the level of Kakkoy. Well, yet anyway.
This shouldn't even be a debate.

Cosens this season has been incredible. His 2 way game, his board play, his vision and his IQ has increased so much from last season its like a completely different player from last year. He has settled now and we are massively seeing the benefits.

Kakko will be great for the Rangers but he is not at the level of Cozens. Well, yet anyway.

Reactions: The Moose is Loose

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Kakko. Better prospect and better player today. Kakko's been legitimately great defensively.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
This shouldn't even be a debate.

Cosens this season has been incredible. His 2 way game, his board play, his vision and his IQ has increased so much from last season its like a completely different player from last year. He has settled now and we are massively seeing the benefits.

Kakko will be great for the Rangers but he is not at the level of Cozens. Well, yet anyway.

Can say the exact same thing about Kaako.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Yes, I agree that’s what I said. What I also said is his season has not been incredible, as it has not been. An incredible season is one that McDavid is putting up.

I think the word incredible is being used a little too loosely there, but I also think they’re saying “incredible” within a certain context.

I’ve gotta say that it’s incredible that he was so bad defensively away from the puck last year and is one of the league leaders in takeaways and has become an excellent defensive player.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
i'm one of the biggest Kakko skeptics on the NYR boards, but he's been really good most of the season, he was just allergic to scoring points until lately. Not sure he'll ever be a p/pg player but does anyone forecast Cozens to reach that level either? Kakko has gained strength so he's starting to play more like how he did in Liiga and the WC. Needs to work on his shot though.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
i'm one of the biggest Kakko skeptics on the NYR boards, but he's been really good most of the season, he was just allergic to scoring points until lately. Not sure he'll ever be a p/pg player but does anyone forecast Cozens to reach that level either? Kakko has gained strength so he's starting to play more like how he did in Liiga and the WC. Needs to work on his shot though.

He should be hitting at least 60 points in his prime imo.

ThatsSoSlavin

Aug 23, 2018
Imo kakko thrived with the open ice and having time to make plays, an adjustment was needed for the North American game.

it’s still early so anything can happen but if I had a choice today it’s cozens

Reactions: Team Cozens

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Actually a pretty good poll. Will be interesting to see how Cozens, Kakko and Lundell turn out in a few years.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Both are playing really good this year and better than their stats. Really like Cozens and really like kakko. I don’t think either team would swap players. I think more GMs would value kakko more, but I think some would pick cozens

excaliber

Mar 30, 2018
I expected so much more out of Kakko and for the most part Lafreniere too. It just shows there are very few generational players like McDavid and Crosby. Not everyone is ready to play at that level and these two guys have quite a bit of work to do.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Neither has separated from the other. I take Cozens due to position

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad