Kakko vs Cozens

Who is more valuable - Kakko or Cozens

• Total voters

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
This shouldnt even be a debate.

Kakko this season has been incredible. His 2 way game, his board play, his vision and his IQ has increased so much from last season its like a completely different player from last year. He has settled now and we are massively seeing the benefits.

Cozens will be great for Buffalo but he is not at the level of Kakkoy. Well, yet anyway.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Raian

Apr 19, 2021
I think Cozens will be the flashier talent and by virtue 'more valuable', alao since he plays for a team whod value him higher than NY likely values Kakko

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
It’s very close but my gut says when it’s close take the centre over the winger.

Re-visit in a year.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo wouldn't trade Cozens for Kakko, but I can see the argument for Kakko since he's a recent 2nd overall pick

In general, NHL Center > Wing

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
Even if you think Cozens is a lil better KK still has more of a name and so more value. :dunno:

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006

Kakko this season has been incredible. His 2 way game, his board play, his vision and his IQ has increased so much from last season its like a completely different player from last year. He has settled now and we are massively seeing the benefits.

Cozens will be great for Buffalo but he is not at the level of Kakkoy. Well, yet anyway.
This seems like hyperbole. Cozens 2 way game has been excellent and he’s great at creating turnovers on the boards. Meanwhile he’s scoring at a higher ppg clip than Kakko in his rookie season compared to Kakko’s 2nd season. I won’t argue with a preference for him, but this just sounds like a fanboy.

Last edited:

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis

As someone who voted for Kakko and a big fan, there’s no need for hyperbole.

Saying 16 points on the season is “has been incredible” disingenuous at best

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I kinda like cozens in this

point per game is same, but cozens plays on a much worse team and has less experience. I think it’s close but I think cozens edges it out. Center and I like his tenacity

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
This seems like hyperbole. Cozens 2 way game has been excellent and he’s great at creating turnovers on the boards. Meanwhile he’s scoring at a higher ppg clip thank Kakko in his rookie season compared to Kakko’s 2nd season. I won’t argue with a preference for him, but this just sounds like a fanboy.
I said the exact same thing

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017

Wait what??

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
This seems like hyperbole. Cozens 2 way game has been excellent and he’s great at creating turnovers on the boards. Meanwhile he’s scoring at a higher ppg clip than Kakko in his rookie season compared to Kakko’s 2nd season. I won’t argue with a preference for him, but this just sounds like a fanboy.
As someone who voted for Kakko and a big fan, there’s no need for hyperbole.
Saying 16 points on the season is “has been incredible” disingenuous at best
Wait what??

Ahh stat watching I see.

Last edited:
Reactions: One Winged Angel

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
What has Cozens done to move ahead of Kakko?

I could see it if he were tearing it up, but he's having a solid D+2 season just like Kakko is having a solid D+2 season.

Kakko was always considered the better prospect so how has that changed?

yeah this

i'm not even that high on Kakko so i'm pretty open to the idea of Cozens surpassing him but he just hasn't done enough as of now

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
Have you watched him or just stat watching?

I would say 20 games this year. Maybe a few more. Are you on the “incredible train”? If so do you know the definition of Incredible?

Listen the guy has been better this year for sure (outside of the playoffs when he was the best player on the rangers). He’s been very comfortable and strong on the puck. He looks better in the D zone and transition up ice. He’s shooting a little more but needs to do more of it. He’s putting himself in the right spot and could definitely have a few more points at this time. Right now his time has been a limited skating on the third line with Chytil but this is actually when he’s looked his best. The other third line winger has obviously moved a little but they all had been the strongest line in several games including against the Islanders.

So yea he’s looked much better for sure. As far as incredible? He has not been...

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
I would say 20 games this year. Maybe a few more. Are you on the “incredible train”? If so do you know the definition of Incredible?

Listen the guy has been better this year for sure (outside of the playoffs when he was the best player on the rangers). He’s been very comfortable and strong on the puck. He looks better in the D zone and transition up ice. He’s shooting a little more but needs to do more of it. He’s putting himself in the right spot and could definitely have a few more points at this time. Right now his time has been a limited skating on the third line with Chytil but this is actually when he’s looked his best. The other third line winger has obviously moved a little but they all had been the strongest line in several games including against the Islanders.

So yea he’s looked much better for sure. As far as incredible? He has not been...

Agree. He's looked good and you see the potential there. But you can't be incredible without actual production. He needs to work on his skating and his shot and actually produce before being called incredible.

Reactions: sebsisles

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island

I’ve actually watched all of their games this season. In terms of two way play, the only guy who has been more consistent is Buchnevich, who has been the team’s most consistent forward overall all season.
9D5DE794-1192-470E-A060-746AF84B8DD1.jpeg

That’s from a little earlier on in the season, but Kakko’s advanced stats haven’t changed much. If anything, the GF/60 and xGF/60 have gone up since he’s put up more goals and points recently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad