Player Discussion Kaiden Guhle

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Seems every time a new NHL tv analyst watches Guhle they are so impressed by his skill & poise. They often wonder why there’s not more Calder buzz around him.
over the past couple of years I believed he would be good but, not this good & not this early in his career.

We have a bonafide #1 D man in the making.

Oh yeah, me too i've been fan of this pick and know that he is going to be a really good d-man in NHL but good like this in his rookie year? No way. 20 years old, already 11 points in 27 games, that's impressive.

He skate well, he can play offense, he can hit, he can defense, he can do anything on ice.

No doubt, he is going to be a top pairing defenseman... Habs just need top RD to play with him. Logan Mailloux? maybe. Justin Barron? maybe. But Habs have their top LD with Kaiden Guhle, no doubt about that!

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Oh yeah, me too i've been fan of this pick and know that he is going to be a really good d-man in NHL but good like this in his rookie year? No way. 20 years old, already 11 points in 27 games, that's impressive.

He skate well, he can play offense, he can hit, he can defense, he can do anything on ice.

No doubt, he is going to be a top pairing defenseman... Habs just need top RD to play with him. Logan Mailloux? maybe. Justin Barron? maybe. But Habs have their top LD with Kaiden Guhle, no doubt about that!
True but i still hope we can find that true #1 star. I hope Hutson develops into an offensive star who can be a 1A/1B with Guhle

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
True but i still hope we can find that true #1 star. I hope Hutson develops into an offensive star who can be a 1A/1B with Guhle

I believe that Lane Hutson can be a unreal LD behind Guhle with 1st unit of PP, that's going to be really good defensive group for many years to come. Too bad that Hutson isn't RD... Guhle - Hutson would be a perfect fit, but it's ok. The perfect comparison for Hutson it's Quinn Hughes, Hughes is 5"10 D-man, really good on PP and Hutson can have the same impact than Hughes. 7 goals in 16 games at NCAA level, it's really really good. High offensive potential for sure. Makar 2.0? I don't think, but Quinn Hughes will be a realistic projection for a talent like Lane Hutson.

Kaiden Guhle - Logan Mailloux//Justin Barron.
Lane Hutson - Logan Mailloux//Justin Barron.
Arber Xhekaj, Jordan Harris, Jayden Struble, Adam Engstrom, William Trudeau, Gianni Fairbrother...

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
He could score 30pts without a whiff of PP time. He's so good at breaking up plays and transitioning to offense that he's going to produce simply because of that. If he becomes proficient at PP as well, we have a 50pt, 2-way #1 dman.

• Love
Reactions: KevSkillz4

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
I don't see player discussion about this gem... Kaiden Guhle 🤩

Already 11 points, 10 assists in 27 games.

This guy show already to pairing defenseman flashes in his rookie year.

What a steal like Cole Caufield to draft that type of player at 16th overall.
The people that know,knew what he was,made Romanov expendable.

Reactions: tazsub3

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Like Krug, it will probably aleays be best to insulate Hutson defensively. Not because he can't play well defensively, but because dealing with the strength of other players in front of the net will always be an issue for him. So 1st pair is likely never going to be where we want him. Behind Guhle and possibly another guy will be perfect as long as he can by dynamic on the PP.

Then again, the same can be said of Hughes and Makar, so what do I know.. maybe his mobility makes him a good enough defender/first passer/offensive threat that we want him on the ice no matter the situation.

Anyhow, it will be very interesting to follow his progress.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Bumping this thread as this kid deserves more recognition. A twenty-year-old defenseman who's already a staple on the first pair? Just incredible. His penalty killing abilities are getting to be elite as well.

Reactions: BLONG7 and Tyson

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Already the best D on the team AIAEC.

One of our best guys yes but I see a little trend of exhaustion lately. 20+ min a game for a 20 year old on D is rare. The kid will be a good one but I wish we had more of a Sergachev with Tampa situation where we could limit his min's a bit and give him more PP time.

If we gave him more PP time, he's be 23+ a game. That's a bit much for him at this stage.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
One of our best guys yes but I see a little trend of exhaustion lately. 20+ min a game for a 20 year old on D is rare. The kid will be a good one but I wish we had more of a Sergachev with Tampa situation where we could limit his min's a bit and give him more PP time.

If we gave him more PP time, he's be 23+ a game. That's a bit much for him at this stage.
💯%....you can see he is wearing down a bit.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Thought it was one of his most impactful games. Real fluid skating and excellent decision making. Its hard to remember that he’s only 20.

Yup. Ice time and usage like that for a 20 year old is rare. Very rare.

Very curious to see what our rookies do in their 2nd season. They get their feet wet in their 1st season and work on any flaws they may have in the off season where they come into the 2nd season more experienced and more confident they can jump to another level.

Next year will be more interesting than this year IMO. Will we stall, move up, or move down. Challenges within transition years and in some degree, they are still Rebuild years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad