Prospect Info: Kaiden Guhle

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Guy sure seems like Weber’s kid. Wouldn’t surprise me if he becomes the captain one day.

Let's not put the cart before the horses. He needs to make the u20 first cause almost all elite players in the nhl who did not play in the NHL as 18 years old made the u20 at least once. Baby step.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Yeah well, I am still waiting for Chris Higgins to become captain, then Kyle Chipchura, and so on.

Let’s wait a few years before the kid establishes himself as an actual NHL player before labelling him as captain material.
Lol if I can’t say that, has the site banned people from projecting prospects and comparisons now? :laugh:

Reactions: jaffy27

DesmondDekker

Let's diddly go !
Sep 11, 2006
Canada
Lol if I can’t say that, has the site banned people from projecting prospects and comparisons now? :laugh:
Thank god no. All I’m saying is that we should temper our expectations for prospects before slotting them into our lineup, let alone as captains.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Thank god no. All I’m saying is that we should temper our expectations for prospects before slotting them into our lineup, let alone as captains.

Guhle could easily be the next Tinordi, Juulsen, or Komisarek for all I know - and we don't have Markov around any more to carry him.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Guhle could easily be the next Tinordi, Juulsen, or Komisarek for all I know - and we don't have Markov around any more to carry him.
Guhle is an awsome skater and very good puckmover, only similarity with the guys you named is toughness...

Montreals Forum

Oct 27, 2020
Komisarek. Lot's of CHaracter

Komisarek got ruined in that fight with Lucic at home against Boston.
They were establishing a very rough rivalry...
Komi blew his shoulder out in a missed shot, and Lucic came over that shoulder and lit him up.
He became a Leaf that offseason. The Habs IMO knew he was done. The guy was clearly never the same after that fight.
When he was put with Young Markov though, for a few years, it was great. He even made the MTL allstar game and arguably deserved it based on his physical presence up to that point in his career.
Anyhow, sorry for the epitaph on a 'could have been' great d-man for us... I will always maintain that Lucy ruined this kid though.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Juulsen was looking like a legit 2nd pair before injuries - Komisarek was solid until Lucic broke his spirit. Only Tinordi could be considered bust and I think Guhle is superior to him in almost every category.

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Guy sure seems like Weber’s kid. Wouldn’t surprise me if he becomes the captain one day.
Tone it down a little...
Haven't you/we learned.
Everything is possible but you are pushing it to potential cringe levels.

Nothing agains't you, sorry.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Wasn't Komisarek a good skater for his era, at the time he was picked?

He was a mamouth on skates, had decent mobility for his size, but was slow footed, if you compare his skating to Guhle, thats night and day... Komi had a decent first pass, but was overall pretty limited with the puck on his stick... Guhle can skate like the wind, has very good puckmoving abilities while being very physical, I think his upside is relatively high...

Last edited:

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Yeah well, I am still waiting for Chris Higgins to become captain, then Kyle Chipchura, and so on.

Let’s wait a few years before the kid establishes himself as an actual NHL player before labelling him as captain material.

if higgins put his career in front of his partying, he might have been way more then he did.(and before you say it rumors) i lived on same floor as him in old montreal. where he shared a loft with mike Komisarek.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Not a fan of the two hosts themselves but I’ll credit them for always getting solid guests for their shows.

I haven't given them a listen. They don't refer to themselves with god awful hockey nicknames do they? Like Joe Offside Walker, or 'Coach' or 'Tendy'? Soon as I hear that in a hockey podcast I delete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad