Kadri's next contract.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
id want him to make 4 mil but hes def gettin 5... Hes 6th in league scoring, taken over Kessel as the teams top scorer by a fair amount.

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012
He'll get 5 years at 4m.

If that happens I think it is a bargain. I am thinking a shorter term deal maybe 3.something then he might get his jackpot contract. Anything longer than 3 years and he will probably get at least 5m.

Penalty Kill Icing*

If he is RFA at end of 2 year contract, then I am hoping for $3.5 -4 million x 2.

Last edited by a moderator:

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
JVR hasn't had anywhere near the amount of success Kadri is having. JVR signed that coming off a 21 goal 40 point season, Philadelphia locked him in expecting him to break out after a strong post-season.

and 7 goals in 11 playoff games.

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
Paying Kadri anywhere near the 4-5mil range after a solid half season is insane.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I posted this in another thread.
I truly wonder if Lupul's deal (discount money/long term) will have an affect on how Kadri signs. Looks up to a guy and they both have the same mindsight (love Toronto and want to make this into a place to come to/be awesome). so he COULD sign a sweetheart bridge deal, and if he hits those, then cashes in. (Maybe a big overpay first year, with performance conditions?)

Barilko14

Jul 5, 2006
Renfrew, ON
I posted this in another thread.
I truly wonder if Lupul's deal (discount money/long term) will have an affect on how Kadri signs. Looks up to a guy and they both have the same mindsight (love Toronto and want to make this into a place to come to/be awesome). so he COULD sign a sweetheart bridge deal, and if he hits those, then cashes in. (Maybe a big overpay first year, with performance conditions?)

Perfect world Kessel would work off of Lupul's deal, and not Semin's. Would be nice to get Kessel for 6 or 6.25 long-term as opposed to 7+.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
im sure he will get on of those trendy 2 year prove me it wasnt a fluke deals in the $3.5 range (i hope). then after he puts up ppg next season nonis extends him x 8 years

kid is everything we have been missing for years. to think how many people were willing to write this kid off. good on kadri. im sure it was difficult to read about people thinking you are no good. hopefully his determination will rub off on some of our other prospects.

the funny thing with kadri is that he excelled at every level of hockey he played at so its not that shocking that he is doing as well as he is. still nice to see a leaf doing well and getting credit league wide.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
im sure he will get on of those trendy 2 year prove me it wasnt a fluke deals in the $3.5 range (i hope). then after he puts up ppg next season nonis extends him x 8 years

kid is everything we have been missing for years. to think how many people were willing to write this kid off. good on kadri. im sure it was difficult to read about people thinking you are no good. hopefully his determination will rub off on some of our other prospects.

the funny thing with kadri is that he excelled at every level of hockey he played at so its not that shocking that he is doing as well as he is. still nice to see a leaf doing well and getting credit league wide.

Because he spent the past 2 years in the minors, and this is a shortened season, I think a short term deal makes the most sense as well. 3.5ish for a season or two.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
The season he is having is giving Kadri and his agent a lot of fuel for his next contract.

The Ryan O'Reilly deal will be one that they might use as a barometer.

Barilko14

Jul 5, 2006
Renfrew, ON
The season he is having is giving Kadri and his agent a lot of fuel for his next contract.

The Ryan O'Reilly deal will be one that they might use as a barometer.

You mean the contract that Calgary purposely inflated so Colorado would have to think twice before matching?

You think that contract will be used as a barometer?

SpeedDemon

Apr 13, 2011
Classified
It's not because you overpay a player that everyone on the team should get overpaid. Having said this I think Kadri has huge potential but since he's had one good year it is a little risky to go nuts with a long term lucrative contract we may regret.

Speaking as an observer I definitely agree with this. Problem is GM's have often made decisions based upon expectations which they derive from past numbers. I Recall when the Leafs made the deal for Raycroft sending Rask as part of a package. Didn't really pan out well and the Leafs had major goaltending woes until recently (though I don't know if it's a miracle or fluke. don't want to jinx it). Dave Nonis is in his first year as GM (with the team) so it's hard to say what he'll do.

the Problem with large contracts featuring big money sometimes gets to player's head and the pressure of proving he's worth that money actually works against him. Often seen with one year wonders. Something to avoid (not that I say Kadri is one, I just do not want him to be listed as one if he gets a big contract then and can't live up to the hype)

I'd say for now .......... let's wait and see

Anth93

Jul 2, 2012
2x3.5mill.

He doesn't deserve to get a long term deal unless he's willing to take less total money. Something like 6x5mill.

Bodybr3ak

Nov 19, 2010
I'd love 2 years at 3.5/per. This way he gets the next two to prove himself.

If he keeps this pace up then I guess this will be our "contract" in which we will be giving him 7.5+/year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad