Speculation: Kadri's Face-off win % and potential win % increase.(Does He have Selke potential)?

leafspring*

C.Hodgson 46.8
D.Stepan 45.8
B.Schenn 45.5
M.Ribeiro 44.8
N.Kadri 44.2
S.Couturier 43.9
S.Gagner 43.9
A.Galchenyuk 42.8
T.Ennis 41.9
R.N-Hopkins 41.0
M.Grigorenko 38.2
C.Wilson 38.1
J.Huberdeau 33.3

faceoffs are something most young centres have to learn.

Unfortunately Burke and Wilson and Eakins set Kadri back two years in the faceoff dot by playing him on the wing, like idiots.

I think the intense dislike Kadri had for Wilson gave him the courage to improve every aspect of his game actually . Just as long as everyone else could see the hard work Naz knew it was being recognized.

Kadri was never a winger and all things considered was easily a center. I was kind of glad when i noticed the small amount of improvement that would be needed to improve in the faceoff circle.

Eakins went along with the parent teams design for him. Not so much his fault. I bet he had a hard time keeping his mouth shut about it but,went along.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
I wouldn't, I think you're underestimating the importance of faceoffs in hockey. Also, he doesn't have to be a #1 center to get points.

That makes one of you. I would take a 80-100 point center on our first line who wins less than half the draws over...let's say, a Bozak. If it's a MUST that a draw must be won than the coach can easily put out a checking line...it's not that serious or complicated. Also, you can be less than 50 percent on face-offs and still win important draws. Clutch baby.

However, let's be reasonable here. If someone has the skill to be a PPG in the NHL then they are more than capable of being above average on draws so it probably wouldn't be that much of an issue regardless.

leafspring*

That makes one of you. I would take a 80-100 point center on our first line who wins less than half the draws over...let's say, a Bozak. If it's a MUST that a draw must be won than the coach can easily put out a checking line...it's not that serious or complicated. Also, you can be less than 50 percent on face-offs and still win important draws. Clutch baby.

However, let's be reasonable here. If someone has the skill to be a PPG in the NHL then they are more than capable of being above average on draws so it probably wouldn't be that much of an issue regardless.

You are both right to make a long story short. We have a young developing center that put up numbers with the best on his first real season although shortened. Naz compares well to all these centers listed below in the link. He is likely going tp play 2nd line/or top 6 and will still produce.However when he is better or equal to the best in the circle he will get more ice-time/opportunity in all situations.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20132ALLCACALL&sort=plusMinus&viewName=summary

Last edited by a moderator:

leafspring*

Poor math, equally poor logic.

And some more awful logic.

I *DO* think Kadri will improve in the circle, most younger players start off weak on draws and slowly get better with time, but this was a pretty poor post.

You better re-read the post and find the word(close) and maybe calculate yourself.

One more win per the 48 games he played definately would be *close* to 50%.

Where is the poor math there?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad