Kadri

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
I'm sick of Kadri. He has done nothing. He has given up. 4 points in his last 22 games. No goals in his last 19 games. Is this a 2nd line center on a playoff team? That's not even 4th line player statistics.

It's not even that he is Snake bitten. When was the last time he even had a scoring chance.

Bednar has tried multiple wingers and his game hasn't changed. Which is weird because at one point this season that 2nd line was dominant.

Regardless, he is a massive anchor right now and needs to sit. Indefinitely. Jost is not a 2nd line center either. Bring Newhook up and see what he has.

Landeskog- Mackinnon- Rantanen
Burakovsky- Newhook- Donskoi
Nichushkin- Jost- Soderberg
Compher- Bellmare- Sherrod?

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
We have a loaded system and Sakic goes and adds 2 anchors in Soderberg and Nemeth.

Where is the killer instinct Sakic?

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
I guess all that Kadri needed was a negative post on this forum

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
And people say that karma, jinx, etc. don't exist...There is the proof again that they are a thing. Works almost every time. :sarcasm:

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Nemeth is the acquisition that really pisses me off. I was so happy when we got rid of the guy and now we have to get rid of him again.

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
Kadri's been bad for a little while but I think he'll turn it around for the playoffs. Hopefully they don't play the leafs in the finals though. He might have some internal turmoil.

Turbonium

Aug 21, 2020
Spain
Kadri is probably best suited as a third line center now. Unfortunately we don't have anyone proven that can be a second line center in his place yet..

Hopefully that goal wakes him up, he clearly has the talent to take the Avs where they want to go. If that second line can get going again it's going to be a tough team to beat in a 7 game series.

Reactions: Thepoolmaster

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
It's been a rough year, outside of one white-hot stretch.

Kadri's a player who definitely gets down on himself when he's struggling, tries to do too much, and the boneheaded plays increase five-fold. I expect next year he'll return to form, considering his low shooting percentage of 7.1% (last year 14.3%, career 11.5%).

However, if Kadri has a rough go of it the rest of the way and in the playoffs, and Newhook looks ready, I say trade him before the expansion draft. Protect Donskoi, Jost, and Nichushkin - along with locks Burakovsky, Landeskog, MacKinnon, Rantanen - and try to get some draft capital or a prospect for Kadri. After all, it's extremely unlikely he's re-signed next off-season even if he is retained.

Reparlana

Nov 2, 2011
Manitou springs
Kadri will be fine, is a clutch player and will up his game in the playoffs. Nagging injury? Maybe. Lot of stuff going on this season. No need for him to pound everyone in site. He's shooting. Some shots look dangerous lady luck hasn't been on his side It's a slump. So quick to turn on a guy and always pessimistic. Believe in the team support your players. We have a soft schedule minus vegas, heal up and go into the playoffs full strength. 1st would be nice, even last night's come back game it looked like they were just trying to play safe and stay healthy. Bura has won a cup his interview was spot on. /// End rant

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
It's been a rough year, outside of one white-hot stretch.

Kadri's a player who definitely gets down on himself when he's struggling, tries to do too much, and the boneheaded plays increase five-fold. I expect next year he'll return to form, considering his low shooting percentage of 7.1% (last year 14.3%, career 11.5%).

However, if Kadri has a rough go of it the rest of the way and in the playoffs, and Newhook looks ready, I say trade him before the expansion draft. Protect Donskoi, Jost, and Nichushkin - along with locks Burakovsky, Landeskog, MacKinnon, Rantanen - and try to get some draft capital or a prospect for Kadri. After all, it's extremely unlikely he's re-signed next off-season even if he is retained.
The scenario you're suggesting would leave us with only one forward meeting the exposure requirements (i.e. Compher), so unless you're getting a forward back in the same trade who meets the criteria that isn't a realistic option. It would have been a possibility if O'Connor had reached 27 games played this year and thereby giving the Avs another forward meeting the exposure requirements, but unfortunately that doesn't seem likely at this stage given that he's injured and needs another 5 games played with only 6 games remaining.

Whatever the case, if we were to trade Kadri his value would probably be higher after expansion anyhow, as other teams won't need to use a protection slot on him, so that would probably be the way to go. The market for him would probably also be better after expansion draft once teams know how their roster looks and with more teams needing to replace middle 6 forwards lost to Seattle.

Speaking of Seattle, if Sakic really is adamant to trade Kadri then perhaps sending him to Seattle themselves might be an option, especially if they also take Compher as part of the same deal. They won't have many top 6 C options afterall so that might be an enticing option for them.

That all said, a lot has to go wrong in the playoffs for Kadri to be on the trade block, and right now I don't envisage that being a realistic outcome.

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
Time to revisit this thread.

Kadri needs to sit. He is going to cost us a game or a series with his boneheaded plays and is offering nothing offensively.

That hit will likely draw a multi game suspension.

It's time to put Newhook as the #2 center and have Soderberg replace him on the 4th line.

For the record, I never want to see Kadri on this team again. Expose him to Seattle. Good riddance.

Landeskog- Mackinnon- Rantanen
Burakovsky- Newhook- Donskoi
Saad- Jost- Donskoi
Soderberg- Bellmare- Compher

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
I'm not someone who sees the game as only one or the other. He hasn't scored points but he's involved offensively and makes contributions down the ice. Obviously the headshot was dumb and is a deserved suspension (though I'd say there's some bias if it's more than 3) but that doesn't mean he's bad. Still our 2nd best C imo and it doesn't help that the only one Sakic brought in was a slow old Soderberg.

Reactions: McMetal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad