Kadri Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Searched but last one was closed it looks like.

Anyway obviously popular tonight due to the hit but other than tonight Kadri been pretty good this year.

Still some defensive gaffs though. On the hit, is Sedin his man or is it Zaitsev's.

Either way the concern with Kadri is the same. When he straddles the line he is a really effective player. Unfortunately he cross the line too often. I hope he can fix that.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
I've never been a hater but also wouldn't call myself a fan. Leaning more to hater than fully neutral :p

But he's winning me over this year for some reason. Looks like he's settling in with Babcock well

Moorpheus*

|GERMAN/IDEALISM\
Apr 14, 2015
I have tried to find evidence that his hit was to the head, I have not seen it, it was shoulder to shoulder and because it was a blind side (zero condolence of this) it caused Sedin's head to "whip" and the real damage seemed to come from the ice.

Regardless, he shouldn't be doing that as he's much too talented for it, but people act as if he Stevened him or something, it was ever so slightly late and blind side, but not suspension worthy IMO. Maybe 1 game max.

Rusty Shackleford

Leafs Nation
Jul 14, 2005
Ottawa, Ontario
Will probably be a game or two, but shouldn't be.

There's no way that the head was the principle point of contact on that hit, Sedin's head rocked because his body got jolted as if he was in a car accident.

If Brayden Schenn got nothing for his headshot on Brendan Smith, Kadri shouldn't get anything either.

Twist and Shout

Dec 30, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
I've never been a hater but also wouldn't call myself a fan. Leaning more to hater than fully neutral :p

But he's winning me over this year for some reason. Looks like he's settling in with Babcock well

Yup, this is exactly the role that fits Nazem like a glove. Going up against the other team's best line with a chip on his shoulder, playing on the edge and with a couple of strong all-round players to back him up.

Love his game the last several games.

DJIncognito

Jun 9, 2007
I loved the game against the Oilers - I think he can be the Mike Peca type player this team needs. Great defensively, play against the other teams top line, draw penalties and put up points.

Part of this will be going over the line - he needs to make sure going too far doesn't involve anything serious that would result in suspensions - PIMs are fine but no intent to injure.

The game against McDavid was perfect - the Sedin hit was probably too much (but not as bad as some are making it out to be)

Keep it up - one of the good things happening this year

Steven1562

May 13, 2013
He's a pest that's what he does. It gets the other team thinking about beating up Kadri not winning the game :laugh:

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Searched but last one was closed it looks like.

Anyway obviously popular tonight due to the hit but other than tonight Kadri been pretty good this year.

Still some defensive gaffs though. On the hit, is Sedin his man or is it Zaitsev's.

Either way the concern with Kadri is the same. When he straddles the line he is a really effective player. Unfortunately he cross the line too often. I hope he can fix that.

He played another great game tonight and as far as who's man it was it was Zaitsev's but he missed his assignment and Kadri was attempting to cover for him....you can not fault him for that.

Love Kadri always have.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I was a fan of him since I saw his beautiful shootout goal vs Brodeur but this season he has really impressed me. Never would have thought his defense and agitating would be his best assets but he's so good at shutting down the opponent

Keato

Apr 9, 2016
Winnipeg, MB
Two dangerous hits in a matter of seconds. Insane. IMO, worthy of a 5 game suspension but I don't believe Naz was intentional.

Rielly's hit was clean, but neither here nor there.

Kadri has played well this season. I don't think that hit was nearly as bad as some people want it to be, but I can see the league giving him a couple of games for it.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Not the best hit tonight but he's been having a very solid year. Consistently showing up for each game against teams' top lines and playing hard. Defensively he's been very sharp, he hasn't been on for many goals against.

The production is also a very nice surprise considering who he is playing with. Although much of that is from the PP, he's been very good there as well.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Hate that hit he laid out. I wanna like the guy but when he pulls s*** like that it pisses me off. He's been playing extremely well but he needs to stop with the dirty hits. If he wants to be a pest and agitator i'm more than ok with that, but imagine that was one of our guys taking a headshot like that.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Hate that hit he laid out. I wanna like the guy but when he pulls s*** like that it pisses me off. He's been playing extremely well but he needs to stop with the dirty hits. If he wants to be a pest and agitator i'm more than ok with that, but imagine that was one of our guys taking a headshot like that.

He didn't Sedin in the head. Sedin wasn't hurt. Sedin was back within 2 minutes.

Just typical Casuck ******** and whining. :shakehead

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
I didn't like that hit. That's another Kadri cheap shot. He has a penchant for hitting guys when they are vulnerable. Still, Sedin needs to strap that bucket up. Looked worse than it was. I like the he is staying physical, but that's not for me especially considering the score.

He had a good game though.

Field of Dreams

Oct 10, 2011
Port Credit
Admittedly, I've been a huge detractor of his over the years.. His career has had renaissance this season, and I count myself as a fan.

Glad to see him proving me wrong :handclap:

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Ill leave the hit tonight up for the league - but he had a good game. A nice balance the between offesnive contribution and chippy defensive play

Keato

Apr 9, 2016
Winnipeg, MB
I watched the hit a few more times, and while the available angles weren't great, and just trying to go frame by frame on Youtube is pretty much pointless, I'm still not entirely sure what to make of it.

I'd say that wasn't a late hit, since Sedin is just shooting the puck when Kadri was about to make contact. I'm also not sure he left his feet, since it looks like his skates are still touching the ice when he hits him, but the resolution on the video isn't great, so I could be wrong about that. As for the actual hit, I'm sure the league has better angles, because each one seems to tell a different story. Some of them look pretty bad (front) while others make it look like he hits the body/shoulder first and, because of positioning, he keeps going. Whatever the league decides is whatever the league decides, I guess.

Rick74*

Oct 7, 2016
London, Ont
He hits the head. Its clear he hits the head and a shoulder impact doesnt make her your head wip back causing your helmet to fly off.

Shame too, i dont think he was going for the head and this suspension comes just as hes finding his stride.

The entire thing is a set back.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Kadri is turning into a legit greaseball checking center. He thinks he's Gilmour or something
He's not, but... it's cool that he tries to be

I have wondered over the past two years why we kept him for the term and price that we did. I still don't think a team will go anywhere if Nazem Kadri is their #1 center, and won't win a cup if he's their #2. And I didn't really think he had a 3rd or 4th line type game. Apparently he's proving me and others wrong. Is he turning into a greasy Mike Ribeiro/Dave Bolland hybrid?

Last edited:

Charles Chuck Finley

Apr 29, 2016
Toronto
The hit was fine. The video clearly showed the primary point of contact was not the head. For Cherry or anyone else to complain about the score when the hit was delivered is laughable. The way this team has blown leads this year, why should anyone expect them to stop playing? It became a two goal game with over 13 minutes left. It's not like it was 7-1 with less than two minutes left, game in the bag.

This team is learning how to close out games and keep playing hard till the end. Any player in the NHL holding on to the puck in the offensive zone long enough to be drilled, should be, as long as the head isn't the primary point of contact.

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
He's a homegrown stud, what's not to like? I remember him getting drafted and how cocky he was lol, but he's settled in quite nicely. I think the new role babcock gave him will do him even more good, seems he loves being the shutdown guy that can score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad