Kadri or Frattin

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMcLeaf

Kadri is more skilled, but I feel Frattin has a better chance of making the team. I hope both make it though.

Auzzie19

Mar 10, 2011
The North
I picked Kadri, I like Frattin and all and he is a very versatile player, but he got an extended look last year and we saw what he can do, it's time to see what Kadri can do with an extended look.

Really want both guys on the team, Nonis better work the phones and dump Lombardi and Connolly to PHX (heard they're looking for a 2C).

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I'd like to see both make it and I believe both should. No reason to have plugs like Lombardi taking a spot over more deserving young players. It would also make a lot of people shut up. Kadri isn't the NHL yet? BUST.

KingBuzzo

A custom title.
Nov 3, 2010
Toronto
Love both, but for sheer high end play making abilities and a possible Savard-esq sub with Kessel down the line, I'm going with Kadri.

DaveT83*

Kadri is the better player.

Frattin would make more of an impact on this current roster

Edge goes to Matt for me

MakeTheIronSing

Oct 13, 2011
Edmonton
If Kadri isn't on this team and Matt Frattin is, then I just have zero hope left for this team going forward. That's a no brainer. Kadri is more skilled, is more productive and has more to prove.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
Who's better or more valuable this year?

I thought this needs a thread this year.

while I don't think they will compete for the same job, since they are so different as players, I feel Frattin is more NHLready being 25 (3 yrs older than Kadri), a little more man-strength and I'm not sure Frattin has much more upside to his game at the AHL level. He's ready for the NHL test.

Maybe Frattin's upside isn't as high as Kadri, he's probably the better player right now.

Oddly, Kadri as a CENTRE is exactly what the Leafs need. At least, what Kadri's max upside projects him to be, but he's just not that good and may never be that good. And even though Kadri should be able to win a job based on his offense (the unique offensive skills he possesses) along with versatility (able to play C or Wing) - yet he seems to be "not good enough" just yet.

While I'd like to see both on the team. Neither is currently better than players like Bozak, Kessel, Lupul, Kulemin, Grabo. So it comes down to Connolly, Lombardi, Komarov, Steckel, Brown along with Frattin, Kadri for three jobs.

Kadri could benefit most by more minutes and more responsibility in the AHL and is least NHL-ready so it looks like he's not going to make it this year.

Kyle Doobas*

Kadri now and in the future. Not sure why Leafs fans are suddenly so down on him. The guy still has all the tools to be an above-average secondary player in the NHL (a la Grabovski), and has already been more productive than Frattin at every level including the NHL.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
I think Frattin is more useful/valuable this year if both make it. Kadri doesn't bring much aside from offensive skill, and that usually takes time to translate well into the big leagues. Fratting brings a big NHL ready body along with his skill, which we can use in a an effective checking/scoring combo.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
I really want to see how a 3rd line of these guys would work out.

Kadri - Bozak - Frattin

That's actually impossible, unless we have Steckel/McClemment as the #1 C. Impossible because if they both make it, that means Lombardi/Conolly doesn't, in which case Bozak is our 2nd best center.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
It's time for Kadri to play in the NHL. The organization has done a good job being patient, and not rushing him to the show too soon. Eakins has done a good job in the AHL helping Kadri round out his game. Now it is time to see the results.

I expect Kadri to start the year on the third line with Connolly and Kulemin. Should be a place where he can really succeed.

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
It's time for Kadri to play in the NHL. The organization has done a good job being patient, and not rushing him to the show too soon. Eakins has done a good job in the AHL helping Kadri round out his game. Now it is time to see the results.

I expect Kadri to start the year on the third line with Connolly and Kulemin. Should be a place where he can really succeed.

Kadri will also almost single-handedly win points for a team through shootouts. How important is that during a short season?

But I still say they should keep both.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Kadri will also almost single-handedly win points for a team through shootouts. How important is that during a short season?

But I still say they should keep both.

That is a really good point. We don't have guys who are locks to be in every shootout. But Kadri would be. And it would absolutly be worth a point or two in the standings.

It might be nice to keep both. But I don't see how we can fit them on the roster with all the wing depth. Hard enough to fit one of them. Kessel, Lupul, Van Riemsdyk, MacArthur and Kulemin are 5 guys who are ahead of them. Plus Lombardi if he plays, and Connolly might shift to wing if McClement is centering the third line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad