Kadri: How many points this season ?

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
45-50, I expect his PP production to take a hit and he'll drop to mid-20 goals.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
I'm thinking 20-25 goals with 50 points maximum
Nah brah. It's like, 49 points with 27 of them being goals you sire. See to that. He finna score some big powerplay goals for us with the Tavares y'all gon see to that. Getting penalties, hitting peeps and making everybody crazy while at it. Playing that whole D-game. Doing leader dirt. Kadri our most importantte players of all time. Will be too as time goes by. I know ice hockey.

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
I’m going with 50+. Less PP time but better matchups.

Top 3 centres will be 200 pts combined

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Kadri's game has been closely related to his wingers. With Komarov/Brown, he could end up with 0 points and be a 0 at the end of the game. With Marleau and Marner, he would end up with 3 points and be either a +3 or a -3. I honestly think Kadri is a bit of a gambler and having both Marleau and Marner as his wingers was a mistake. I'd like to see one offensive player, one defensive on his wing. I don't care if he scores 30 or not, I just don't want to see his line out-scored.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Its tougher to predict now that Babs has JT. Common sense says he will play the shit out of his top 5 forwards and use them out of position from time to time to create line mismatches. If he does this, Naz can get his minutes and score 55pts, but Babcock is pretty stingy with his ice time. I think Kadri's points per 60 will remain strong and that is the important thing. No more 60 point seasons I think..

kb

Aug 28, 2009
45 to 50 points. The easier minutes will be outweighed by less minutes

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
he's going to get less ice time, but probably easier matchups 5 on 5. hard to say. my instinct is that his overall ice and production will go down.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Hopefully babs is flexible and plays Kadri on the wing of Matthews or Tavares if we're down a goal or 2 in the 3rd period. He could really pick up some points if that happened a few times.

Also expecting Kadri to take on the JVR powerplay role. Tips, deflections and silky moves are a Kadri special .

Last edited:
Reactions: Wafflewhipper

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Just did a bit of research and got a nice fun fact about Nazem Kadri:

Amongst NHL players who have played a minimum of 100 PP minutes over the last two seasons combined (2016-2018), Kadri ranks first in the league in PP goals/60 minutes, with a rate of 4.22 goals per 60. He's the only player in the league who broke the 4 goal mark too.

He seems to have found his niche playing in that slot position, and he's become great at scoring off rebounds or quick 'one-touch' goals in close.

I think maybe it was Apotheosis who called me out saying that Kadri needs to be relegated to the second unit when I argued that he should stay on the first due to his success, but I think this is pretty strong evidence now for my argument.

Reactions: slozo

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
He seems to have found his niche playing in that slot position, and he's become great at scoring off rebounds or quick 'one-touch' goals in close.

Which is why I'd like to see Babcock try a reunion of him with Leivo, and see if they can rekindle the magic they had together briefly in 2016-2107, with Leivo's heavy shot providing Kadri plenty of juicy rebounds to put in the net.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Kadri at 5v5:
90th percentile in goals
96th percentile in QoC
78th percentile in QoT
87th percentile in Defensive Zone Starts

That's impressive. With some better linemates hopefully he can pull up that assist total a bit.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Just did a bit of research and got a nice fun fact about Nazem Kadri:

Amongst NHL players who have played a minimum of 100 PP minutes over the last two seasons combined (2016-2018), Kadri ranks first in the league in PP goals/60 minutes, with a rate of 4.22 goals per 60. He's the only player in the league who broke the 4 goal mark too.

I think maybe it was Apotheosis who called me out saying that Kadri needs to be relegated to the second unit when I argued that he should stay on the first due to his success, but I think this is pretty strong evidence now for my argument.

Let's be real: Kadri does not put up those numbers without Marner feeding him beauties on the PP. He benefitted a lot from him last year. PP1's numbers as a whole just show how insanely well Marner runs a PP.

Kadri may be good at those rebound and one-touch goals, but he's nowhere near as good as Matthews at them, and he's the one who should be in Kadri's spot on PP1.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Should be less pressure but also likely less ice time as well, so.......... just enough.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Let's be real: Kadri does not put up those numbers without Marner feeding him beauties on the PP. He benefitted a lot from him last year. PP1's numbers as a whole just show how insanely well Marner runs a PP.

Kadri may be good at those rebound and one-touch goals, but he's nowhere near as good as Matthews at them, and he's the one who should be in Kadri's spot on PP1.
Everyone benefitted from Marner but in general the unit just meshed well together with everyone in the right role. Kadri's success has been legit though and the results speak for themselves so no need to take that away from him.

As for your Matthews comment, the vast majority of his goals have been wristers from in close or finishing off a nice pass, he doesn't really score garbage goals. I don't see why Matthews needs to take Kadri's spot anyways, if anything he'd replace Bozak's position.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Nah brah. It's like, 49 points with 27 of them being goals you sire. See to that. He finna score some big powerplay goals for us with the Tavares y'all gon see to that. Getting penalties, hitting peeps and making everybody crazy while at it. Playing that whole D-game. Doing leader dirt. Kadri our most importantte players of all time. Will be too as time goes by. I know ice hockey.

Yeet.

Reactions: 1specter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad