Proposal: Kadri, Gardiner, TOR 21st overall for TB 3rd overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
I cannot see Vinny waiving his NMC so the only option would be a compliance buyout (which I think is highly unlikely), and then he would a UFA so why have him in a trade?

Vinik has said he has no issues with VL4 contract so the reports of him needing to shed his salary is just unfounded speculation.

We can trade/buyout Malone and put Ohlund on LTIR so that is $8m cap space gained we need for a top pair D which id the most pressing need.

The only way I see the #3 pick being moved is for a top pair D to partner Hedman, or as part of a package to move up to #1 and picking Jones.

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
Then cmon don't comment, I'm a leafs fan but why cant we discuss possibilities of both teams needs on a hockey forum.

Some leaf fans on hf tend to be pretty ignorant about hockey and especially the Lightning so when **** leaks from the main boards into the Lightning board it gets annoying.

JoeyBeans

Jan 5, 2013
Halifax
How is it leaking when it involves both teams???? The title of this thread clearly has 2 players from the leafs. Of course a leaf fan is going to discuss a topic involving a trade between TORONTO-TAMPA..

not trying to be ignorant or annoying just discussing hockey on a hockey forum.

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
How is it leaking when it involves both teams???? The title of this thread clearly has 2 players from the leafs. Of course a leaf fan is going to discuss a topic involving a trade between TORONTO-TAMPA..

not trying to be ignorant or annoying just discussing hockey on a hockey forum.
Eklund uses teams with large fan bases to drive up hits. That's how it leaks.

hockeygeek

Apr 28, 2010
Well this proposal is not half as bad as the "rumour" on the Leafs board. Lecavalier and 3rd overall for two mid-level players:shakehead. It must be pretty annoying for another team to have to deal with that level of stupidity

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Yes I've followed Eklund for a while now but the Bolts need to dump salary immediately right???

Nope.

Also Leaf fans, I don't think anyone is interested in talking about trading or buying out Vinny, so you won't get much of a good conversation going here. The op was about a trade proposal for the 3rd, not Vinny.

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
Yes I've followed Eklund for a while now but the Bolts need to dump salary immediately right???

Not really. People forget that we have several NHL ready players in Syracuse on cheap contracts. If anybody goes it's likely Malone who Yzerman has already tried to trade but Malone blocked it with his now expired NMC.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012

No we don't, but every non-Tampa fans only sees "oh they only have 2,4 they really need to dump cap".

Putting Ohlund on LTIR would bring us to exactly 6m.
Trading Malone away would give us another 4,5m.
Buying out Brewer (if we got a capable new Dman) brings us another 3,9m
If we would do all 3 which could realisticly happen (sign Scuderi if possible and trade Malone in a package for another top4 D) we would have nearly 15M !!!!! without signing anybody that needs more than 2m (except the 2 new guys).
But we really have plenty of room if needed.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I don't think any good discussion will come from this thread staying open, so I'm going to close it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad