Proposal: Kadri, Gardiner, TOR 21st overall for TB 3rd overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I'd do it. We'd have the best C core in the league, if Vinny gets hurt we don't lose much. Wish Gardiner were a righty so he could be a partner for Hedman. He'd make Brewer expendable or Carle a buyout candidate if he sucks again next year. 21 we could possibly get a Pulock/Zadarov/Ristolian if they fall. The #3 isn't guaranteed to be a superstar, if we get Droiun and he's like Kane and a PPG player that's good. Kadri can be a 70 point player, Gardiner 50 + a solid NHLer at 21. We'd be a better team next year and going forwards as all 3 are young.

2 Weekes Notice

Apr 10, 2012
Non-traditional Land
Pass. Kadri is fine, but we've got lots of fine. Gardiner is overrated, and I know that because I went to Wisconsin and have watched him a lot longer than any Leaf fan has.

This org has plenty of quantity. The point is to acquire some more quality.

Badger Mayhew*

Pass. Kadri is fine, but we've got lots of fine. Gardiner is overrated, and I know that because I went to Wisconsin and have watched him a lot longer than any Leaf fan has.

This org has plenty of quantity. The point is to acquire some more quality.

Right, because...
1) It's not possible that a Leaf fan went to Wisconsin...
2) Players don't improve at all from university.

BTW, Leafs would be stupid to do this trade, not sure why the OP decided to offer this.

2 Weekes Notice

Apr 10, 2012
Non-traditional Land
Right, because...
1) It's not possible that a Leaf fan went to Wisconsin...
2) Players don't improve at all from university.

BTW, Leafs would be stupid to do this trade, not sure why the OP decided to offer this.

Don't be pedantic. I've been watching him since his college days and have watched him play plenty of games in the AHL/NHL, and I don't see the potential elite player I'm told that I'm supposed to see. How does that sound?

TBLHoser

Jul 2, 2009
Sunshine State
You know, as a former Leaf fan, I really don't understand you people.....I go back to the days of Dave Keon, Ron Ellis, Norm Ullman and Jacques Plante and I somewhat feel for you, but for the past 30-some years you trade for old has-beens and never get anywhere and now you finally start to build a team the right way and you want to get rid of your up-and-coming stars for the next great prospect?

Why don't you just practice a little patience and build on what you have? Of course, since we're in the same division now, I hope you lose every game to us, but I just don't get you guys anymore.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
You know, as a former Leaf fan, I really don't understand you people.....I go back to the days of Dave Keon, Ron Ellis, Norm Ullman and Jacques Plante and I somewhat feel for you, but for the past 30-some years you trade for old has-beens and never get anywhere and now you finally start to build a team the right way and you want to get rid of your up-and-coming stars for the next great prospect?

Why don't you just practice a little patience and build on what you have? Of course, since we're in the same division now, I hope you lose every game to us, but I just don't get you guys anymore.

As a current leaf fan, this trade is just ridiculous for both sides. Even if both of these guys are overrated, they still make up the soon-to-be core of the leafs. We already have a franchise winger, makes more sense for you guys to draft Drouin to replace st louis. As for you guys saying it's not enough, get real lol.

Last edited:

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
Don't be pedantic. I've been watching him since his college days and have watched him play plenty of games in the AHL/NHL, and I don't see the potential elite player I'm told that I'm supposed to see. How does that sound?

Sounds a bit like your just not willing to give him credit for his development to be honest. Anyone who's watched him play at all recently can see how much talent and potential he has.

Last edited:

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
First off Tampa Bay is up against the cap and there is no way that we can afford to take on players without shedding salary the other way. This deal would put us way over the cap.

Im thinking if a transaction goes down Vinny will be included.

Vinny and the 3rd for the 21st a roster D+prospect OR Vinny+3rd for 21st overall, next years first and prospect.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
I suppose, well whos going to Tampa from Toronto's D line?

Franson? I have no idea to be honest, I really don't know what you guys need or how you value our players. All I know is that Kadri+Gardiner+1st is crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad