Kadri Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Kadri's exit interview was classy.

I wish him the best.

He was at a crossroads (relax fanatical fan club... those were his words) and he was able to overcome it.

He's married and will start a family soon most likely. Hopefully, the challenges that got him suspended from the team are well behind him. It's takes a significant amount of character and support to overcome what he overcame.

Best of luck in life and with the AVs

Last edited:
Reactions: Once

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Kadri's exit interview was classy.

I wish him the best.

He was at a crossroads (relax fanatical fan club... those were his words) and he was able to overcome it. He's married and will start a family soon most likely. Hopefully, the challenges that got him suspended from the team are well behind him. It's takes a significant amount of character and support to overcome what he overcame.

Best of luck in life and with the AVs
Classy response bro

Leafling

Oct 24, 2015
I started truly following the leafs in 2012 so to me guys like Naz, JVR, Kessel, Rielly, Gards are the OG squad. Naz in particular is so special as he brought that pride/ego of being a leafs every single night against any opponent. It wasn't easy to do that in the times he faced here.

Players like him are super hard to find who just have that extra gear and self belief to overcome any adversity. Yes he pushed the line too far at times but no one can question the heart of the guy. He truly embraced the city of Toronto and I'm sure everyone from the players to the public is going to miss him next season.

Good luck for the future Naz, wish u all the success with Avs.

Last edited:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I keep watching highlight videos of the guy and it makes nostalgic. Loved his hat trick against the Islanders way back in 2013, also I'll never forget unreal pass against the habs when they Leafs were playing in their Winter Classic Unis @ the ACC. So many great moments of skill came from this guy

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Nazem Kadri reveals why he nixed trade between Flames, Maple Leafs - Sportsnet.ca

“So what happened is they had a deal in place and they wanted me to move my no-trade clause,” Kardi told co-hosts Elliotte Friedman and Jeff Marek. “But you know, obviously, for me, it was no disrespect to Calgary or the Flames organization. I love their team and I love the direction they’re headed. I just figured that had I declined, I would have had a better opportunity of being a Maple Leaf next year and that’s really what it came down to. I wanted to play for the Leafs next year. I wanted to be a part of that. In declining that trade I had aspirations of being a Leaf and we know clearly that didn’t happen.

I feel bad for the guy, his heart truly does bleed blue and white. I hope he can come back as a Leaf some point in the future and retire here. I wish him the best and hope he gets a Stanley Cup (hopefully with the Leafs some time down in the future. That would be a dream).

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Nazem Kadri reveals why he nixed trade between Flames, Maple Leafs - Sportsnet.ca

“So what happened is they had a deal in place and they wanted me to move my no-trade clause,” Kardi told co-hosts Elliotte Friedman and Jeff Marek. “But you know, obviously, for me, it was no disrespect to Calgary or the Flames organization. I love their team and I love the direction they’re headed. I just figured that had I declined, I would have had a better opportunity of being a Maple Leaf next year and that’s really what it came down to. I wanted to play for the Leafs next year. I wanted to be a part of that. In declining that trade I had aspirations of being a Leaf and we know clearly that didn’t happen.

I feel bad for the guy, his heart truly does bleed blue and white. I hope he can come back as a Leaf some point in the future and retire here. I wish him the best and hope he gets a Stanley Cup (hopefully with the Leafs some time down in the future. That would be a dream).

:( Miss u Naz

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

You know it is something that Naz with his discount contract wanted to stay with the Leafs at all costs and we got our big 3 going out their way to milk every last cent out of our team. Kadri really grew to love the team and always had no problems standing up for his teammates.

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
You know it is something that Naz with his discount contract wanted to stay with the Leafs at all costs and we got our big 3 going out their way to milk every last cent out of our team. Kadri really grew to love the team and always had no problems standing up for his teammates.
I know! I wish we had more players like him. He probably wanted to do his entire career as a Maple Leaf.

Reactions: Luminiferous

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
You guys should listen to Burke's bit this morning on 590. He told some good Kadri stories. Burke basically said that he was a good kid and a warrior, but was extremely misguided. He once parked in the firetruck spot at the MasterCard Centre and was banned to the back of the parking lot after that. LOL

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
You guys should listen to Burke's bit this morning on 590. He told some good Kadri stories. Burke basically said that he was a good kid and a warrior, but was extremely misguided. He once parked in the firetruck spot at the MasterCard Centre and was banned to the back of the parking lot after that. LOL
He was a good kid, but had to beat it out him in order to become a good NHL player. It was hard work and it was worth it. Burke is proud of him.

Had him living with a cop.

His dad said when he was drafted, don't be affraid to smack him when he does dumb shit. He does dumb shit but a good kid.

cesareborgia

Jun 9, 2010
He was a good kid, but had to beat it out him in order to become a good NHL player. It was hard work and it was worth it. Burke is proud of him.

Had him living with a cop.

His dad said when he was drafted, don't be affraid to smack him when he does dumb ****. He does dumb **** but a good kid.
By the way, Kadri was the reason why Babs made Marner do the "who works hardest" list. Kadri was at the bottom, and he was a vet. He wanted him to be embarrassed and to start working harder. It worked.

Miss Kadri a lot. Much better player than Kerfoot and Barrie combined.

Reactions: Twowingcantfly
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad