Confirmed with Link: Kachina Saturdays are now a thing

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
I’m sure their media department can make something that looks better than PS1 graphics haha

How soon they forget.

4prCfiL.png

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
IIRC, Gretzky demanded "more traditional" hockey jerseys when he came on board. Considering that he helped save the franchise (as his toy airplane to pilot, no doubt) I'm fine with the reds. I like the old Kachinas much, much better though. We look Arizonan once again.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
So I got NHL 19, and if the game is right, we have changed the font a little bit on our Retro Jerseys. We have updated the numbering to look more modern. For example, look at this picture below and check out the style of the 4:

304511.jpg.0.jpg

And then look at these screen grabs i took from NHL 19:

qDGo5fI.jpg

The 2's and 7's look different too:

IXukyvL.jpg

OCZnU2v.jpg

I don't think it's an error in the game, because in NHL 18 they had the numbering and font the original way. They had to intentionally go back and change the style for this game.

Not a big deal or anything, just strange. Maybe it's a sign of things to come, maybe they do want to make these our permanents after all so they updated them to make them look a little bit more modern. I am definitely on board

Last edited:

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
So I got NHL 19, and if the game is right, we have changed the font a little bit on our Retro Jerseys. We have updated the numbering to look more modern. For example, look at this picture below and check out the style of the 4:

Is it worth purchasing (the game). From what I saw on '19, it didn't seem like they added much. Some of the difference may be in coding for the game (serif vs. sans-serif font might help make the graphics "smoother"). Of course, as you mentioned, I believe there are serif fonts in the older versions of the game that work fine. Honestly, I think they should re-design the jersey at some point anyway with a cleaner/simpler design, but that may just be me.

RABBIT

Is it worth purchasing (the game). From what I saw on '19, it didn't seem like they added much. Some of the difference may be in coding for the game (serif vs. sans-serif font might help make the graphics "smoother"). Of course, as you mentioned, I believe there are serif fonts in the older versions of the game that work fine. Honestly, I think they should re-design the jersey at some point anyway with a cleaner/simpler design, but that may just be me.

I do it every year because my roommate is also a big hockey fan and he and I play together so I me biased, but I dig it. Much better feel than the 3 previous games, they updates the skating

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
It'll be the same font regardless if it is authentic or not.

EA isn't the best for uniform accuracies either. There was one game where they had the wrong helmet decals for the coyotes. lol

Reactions: RABBIT

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
Is the authentic new kachinas up for sale yet? Can't seem to find them.
Also, since this'll be my first NHL-jersey and I'm not familiar with US sizes, what size would you recommend a (very) thin 180cm (5′ 10?) guy? :laugh:

zetajerk

Jan 1, 2015
Is the authentic new kachinas up for sale yet? Can't seem to find them.
Also, since this'll be my first NHL-jersey and I'm not familiar with US sizes, what size would you recommend a (very) thin 180cm (5′ 10?) guy? :laugh:

The NHL shop has them. I ordered an authentic and a fanatics, both blank (don't ever get customized jerseys from the NHL shop, use Icejerseys for that). I should be receiving them today. I'm 5'10 and 140 lbs (63 kg) and I find that adidas size 44 and Fanatics XS fit me best. I used to have a couple adidas Canes 46s, but I sold them because they were too long in the body and sleeves and too wide from pit to pit. I prefer tight fitting clothes. I'll post pics here once I have them. I haven't seen any pics of the retail adidas yet.

Reactions: Sthlmyote

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
The NHL shop has them. I ordered an authentic and a fanatics, both blank (don't ever get customized jerseys from the NHL shop, use Icejerseys for that). I should be receiving them today. I'm 5'10 and 140 lbs (63 kg) and I find that adidas size 44 and Fanatics XS fit me best. I used to have a couple adidas Canes 46s, but I sold them because they were too long in the body and sleeves and too wide from pit to pit. I prefer tight fitting clothes. I'll post pics here once I have them. I haven't seen any pics of the retail adidas yet.
Thanks! I didn't find the jersey because they didn't have them in NHLs international shop.

zetajerk

Jan 1, 2015
r3mWHgO

r3mWHgO

As promised. It fits like a glove and feels nice. It's not heavy either. Adidas also removed the stupid rubber button from the lower corner. I'll be wearing this at GRA in December.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dirty Old Man

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Are the Adidas "authentics" actually equivalent to one of the old Rebook $300-$350 Authentics? Cause I suspect not. Probably more like what they used to call the "premium". Maybe a slight step up.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Are the Adidas "authentics" actually equivalent to one of the old Rebook $300-$350 Authentics? Cause I suspect not. Probably more like what they used to call the "premium". Maybe a slight step up.
No need to put the term in quotes, the AdiZero jerseys are the authentics. I don't know how they stack up to the old Rebook ones since they're completely different designs but the point being is the AdiZero is the new authentic jersey.

RABBIT

r3mWHgO

r3mWHgO

As promised. It fits like a glove and feels nice. It's not heavy either. Adidas also removed the stupid rubber button from the lower corner. I'll be wearing this at GRA in December.

Superrrrr jelly. Debating on getting my own name and number on one of these bad boys....or Keller (my other Keller got ruined.)

Any suggestions?

zetajerk

Jan 1, 2015
Superrrrr jelly. Debating on getting my own name and number on one of these bad boys....or Keller (my other Keller got ruined.)

Any suggestions?

I usually prefer blank jerseys. I find the numbers are heavy enough to pull it back on me and I have to keep correcting it. I'd get OEL if I was going to. Literal "OEL" because his name is too long.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad