Kachina Jerseys or New Jerseys?

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I stole this from Ted Mosby wanting to see a poll, and honestly it's a valid question for Coyotes fans. Which uniform do you prefer currently? I for one love the old jerseys, it really was a unique jersey and fit well with Arizona. I also love our current third jerseys, and wish we wore those more often.

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
I like the colors of the new but I like the old because its more Arizona than the new. Wish the two could merge into one.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Voted new jerseys.

Hated the kachina ones when Roenick, Tocchet, Tkachuk and co were wearing them. Coming around on them now, but they still aren't better than :coyotes

manictech

Apr 9, 2012
Tucson,AZ
Damnit I didn't read the post and misunderstood the poll question. I voted new jerseys. I thought you were asking do we want the kachina jerseys back or get new jerseys. I wish we'd get new jerseys next season.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Kachina all the way!!! I don't mind the new logo at all but I love the kachina Coyote logo! I wish they'd bring it back!

Viskeywrobr

Sep 20, 2013
Kachina all the way!!! I don't mind the new logo at all but I love the kachina Coyote logo! I wish they'd bring it back!

Voted new. Although I like the old kachina jerseys, the current set has grown on me. To the point the current 3rd is my fav. I hope next years jersey isn't radically different frkm the current set, maybe a kachina shoulder patch ok...

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Voted new as I prefer the color scheme but I am not the biggest fan of the giant cartoon coyote head. The original kachina style jersey is very unique but I found it a bit out there for a hockey jersey. I respect what they were aiming for.

They could use either or go with something new. I wouldn't be bothered either way.

DirtDogMesa

STH Sec 208 Row A
Oct 10, 2011
Mesa
Voted new. Although I like the old kachina jerseys, the current set has grown on me. To the point the current 3rd is my fav. I hope next years jersey isn't radically different frkm the current set, maybe a kachina shoulder patch ok...

I really prefer the 3rd jerseys also, throw a Kachina I'm the mix and keep the Az flag logo on all of them. Maybe work the crescent moon in somewhere too

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
New for sure. I love the brick red and clean design of our currents.

What I do wish would happen is we instill a 3rd (alternate) similiar to the old one. The green/orange design with the old school Coyote head.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
It's nice to see the Kachina jersey is ahead by almost 2 to 1. My guess is because it wins the moderate vote. Most people seem to either love the kachina jersey or hate it but I think those in between seem to side with kachina because at least it's unique and oozes Arizona.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I think those in between seem to side with kachina because at least it's unique and oozes Arizona.

One jersey set is something a peewee team from anywhere can concievably wear. The other is a unique brand/set. I'm not sure anyone here thinks the kachina jerseys were perfect or even all that great of a design, but they were at least recognizable. I can still pick one out from the crowd when the games are on TV. Our home reds could easily be the Wings or the Canes.

I'd like to see that color palette return. Hardly any teams use crimson and even fewer use purple.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I'm not sure anyone here thinks the kachina jerseys were perfect or even all that great of a design, but they were at least recognizable.
Perfect no but that's because I don't believe anything is perfect but I do think it's a great design. Your point is taken though, it's definitely unique, screams Arizona hockey and is easily distinguishable from any other jersey in the NHL. I hate boring and blandness with a passion though, I know some are opposite of me but hopefully they can at least get behind something being uniquely AZ and the kachina jersey's are definitely uniquely AZ. Well at least until Santa Fe gets a team. haha

kasim

Feb 5, 2014
Phoenix AZ
i maybe on the odd side with this

I prefer the new logo but the old colors.

the new colors work cause the cards and dbacks changed as well ... but i kinda liked 3 teams in PHX had purple in them.

yotesreign

Jan 26, 2009
Goldwater Blvd
I have no problem wearing either one.

:deadhorse:

Same. I would love it if they updated the black kachina style (AZ sholder patch to go with 'Az Coyotes' change) and brought it back as an alternate the team wears at home - say maybe Tuesday night games. And if they do that, of course, make it available for purchase and modification at the team shop. I'd love to have a black Kachina style jersey with

Boedker

on it.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Maybe a good compromise is to bring back the kachina as the third jersey and dump the 'roadkill' Coyote.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Maybe a good compromise is to bring back the kachina as the third jersey and dump the 'roadkill' Coyote.

The current third is a good looking jersey, if only because it stands out compared to the bland home/away set. The roadkill Coyote is a pretty bad logo and a moon replacing it might be an easy fix. I'd even settle for a pretty bland circular five for howling style logo, or just the shoulder patch.

A sort of simple tweak would be to take the current shade of red and make it darker (like Stanford Crimson), then change the white (stripes/name/number) to a sand color. The away jersey would hardly change, but the home set would look better. More unique at least. Even the gila monster from the old green 3rds would look good in updated colors on the shoulders.

Too close to the Canes and Red Wings. A lot of the design was lost in the CCM to Reebok transition, and I'd say we now have one of the most vanilla/boring sets in the league.

ladislav_nagy_2006_11_30.jpg

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
I love our current set. To those saying it's too boring, look at the Penguins/Capitals/Blue Jackets/Senators/Panthers/Sabres jerseys. If you want something less traditional or simple, in today's age you are unintentionally asking for extra piping, oddly shaped patches of a secondary color under the armpits/down the sides etc.

Examples:
24kxjsz.jpg

30mpp9f.jpg

ztbr5l.jpg

Terrible look. The patches look tacky and just thrown on.

I'll take a two colored set like ours and the Wings/Maple leafs/Canadiens any day over the stupid throw up designs that Reebok made that a large majority of teams in the NHL have adopted. Those poor designs mixed with the almost skin tight fabric that the Edge jerseys bring us are hard to look at.

If and when the Coyotes change jerseys, I hope it's nothing too drastic or it's AFTER the contract with Reebok has with the NHL is up. The Nike jerseys worn during the Olympics are almost the perfect medium between the bagginess of the CCM's, and the tapered, tight, dress shirt design we have now. I wouldn't mind the NHL considering switching to them. Either way, i want the piping/armpit patches to go find a hole to die in.

If we're going to make ANY changes to our current set, the only thing I may approve of are the waist stripes. I like the Kachina jerseys, don't get me wrong, but with the Reebok template and how busy those throwbacks are, we could be asking for a train wreck. I'd rather be semi-happy with something we already have than absolutely disgusted with something new.

Under Armour also makes a really clean hockey jersey.
spkxth.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad