Kaapo Kakko vs Jesperi Kotkaniemi

Kaapo Kakko vs Jesperi Kotkaniemi?

• Total voters

PKWeber

Mar 1, 2017
Montreal
How is KK winning this? Kotka is a C and produces more [mod].

Last edited by a moderator:

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Kotkaniemi = KotKa. So KK for KotKa.
Kotkaniemi = KotkaNiemi. Not KotKa. Ka doesn't even have emphasis.

On the other hand, Kaapo Kakko is definitely KK. Kaapo, Kakko.

You either call him KN for KotkaNiemi, or JK for Jesperi Kotkaniemi, which is what I'd do.

If you asked random people which of the two is KK: Jesperi Kotkaniemi or Kaapo Kakko, what do you think they'd reply?

Just because you can't call a player a nickname that makes sense doesn't mean you should confuse the mainboard with said nonsense.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005

You either call him KN for KotkaNiemi, or JK for Jesperi Kotkaniemi, which is what I'd do.

If you asked random people which of the two is KK: Jesperi Kotkaniemi or Kaapo Kakko, what do you think they'd reply?

Just because you can't call a player a nickname that makes sense doesn't mean you should confuse the mainboard with said nonsense.

we'll call him whatever the f*** we want

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Jesus f*** shut it with the nickname nobody cares

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
To everyone complaining about Kotkaniemi's nickname, HF-Habs didn't name him that, his teammates and coaches did. There are audio clips of Julien before he was fired calling him KK if you don't believe us.

tuozzi

Dec 9, 2011
Turku
Give me Kaapo Kakko.

Kotkaniemi has started out a little better than I expected and Kakko much worse than I expected. Still, I'm confident that in a couple of years Kakko will be comfortably better.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Kakko may not live up to pre-draft hype, but I do think he will become a very effective player. Physically, he is already tough to handle and when he gains his "man strength", he will be physically dominant. I don't mean he will be blasting guys, but his board work is already really good and will get even better when he matures. Of course, his point totals will also increase with more minutes and better line mates. If he continues to play with Panarin and Strome, his production will go up quickly.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I mean, it's not really up to us to decide an NHL player's nickname.
It makes no sense to call Stützle Jimmy, but that's what his teammates decided so we're all rolling with it.
You just need to understand that when we're writing KK it does not refer to his initials, we're not dumb.
It's his nickname, everyone from teammates to coach to GM calls him that, it's fair we as fans do too.
Fair enough but most fans outside of Montreal don't know that's his nickname. and while comparing him to a player who's actual initials are KK. makes it sound really stupid

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Neither. Both guys are very underwhelming. Atleast most of the players behind Kakko are still unknowns but I would take probably a good 10-12 players that were drafted behind KK before I even think about KK.

Tkachuk
Zadina
Hughes
Boqvist
Wahlstrom
Dobson
Farabee
Smith
Miller
Sandin
Romanov

KK