Kaapo Kakko vs Jesperi Kotkaniemi

Kaapo Kakko vs Jesperi Kotkaniemi?

• Total voters

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Neither. Both guys are very underwhelming. Atleast most of the players behind Kakko are still unknowns but I would take probably a good 10-12 players that were drafted behind KK before I even think about KK.

Tkachuk
Zadina
Hughes
Boqvist
Wahlstrom
Dobson
Farabee
Smith
Miller
Sandin
Romanov

KK
well what you think doesnt mean youre right.... theyre all too young to right now to start projecting how theyll be in their prime. And KK has looked better than ever in the past month if you havent been watching. Not saying he'll be a 1C, but hes an improving 20 year old, and thats all that matters.

Last edited:

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Kotkaniemi = KotkaNiemi. Not KotKa. Ka doesn't even have emphasis.

On the other hand, Kaapo Kakko is definitely KK. Kaapo, Kakko.

You either call him KN for KotkaNiemi, or JK for Jesperi Kotkaniemi, which is what I'd do.

If you asked random people which of the two is KK: Jesperi Kotkaniemi or Kaapo Kakko, what do you think they'd reply?

Just because you can't call a player a nickname that makes sense doesn't mean you should confuse the mainboard with said nonsense.
lol... look at this guy.

yeah, Im pretty sure Kotkaniemi's teammates and coach dont give a rat's ass about YOU nor the HFBoards mainboard's "confusion".

Honestly, just stop calling Kotkaniemi “KK”.
Habs teammates: who the hell are you?

Reactions: Habano

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
As of today KK But that doesn't mean that Kaapo Kakko can't surpass KK in the future.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
as of today, Kotkaniemi's the one whos improved at the harder position, Kakko has not. Hes on pace to have less points than in his rookie season by a lot even!
Well, last season Kakko had just about the worst advanced stats in the entire league, this season Kakko has just about the best advanced stats in the entire league. So, not sure how accurate it is to say he's not improved.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Well, last season Kakko had just about the worst advanced stats in the entire league, this season Kakko has just about the best advanced stats in the entire league. So, not sure how accurate it is to say he's not improved.
fine, but 2 assists in 29 games on pretty deep Rangers team doesnt look good even for a 4th liner. I mean the guys is now on the 2nd line with Panarin and plays on the 2nd PP unit!.... has 2 assists!

Again, theyre both still young, and it wouldnt surprise me if Kakko is the better player one day, but he hasnt exactly shown any signs of a breakout, while Kotkaniemi has (somewhat).

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Sorry, but your information is out of date. Please try again.

29GP 5-2-7pts
33GP 5-11-16pts

One of them plays 3C, and outproducs the other guy, while playing a position thats a LOT harder to play. I'll let you guss which one it is!

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
29GP 5-2-7pts
33GP 5-11-16pts

One of them plays 3C, and outproducs the other guy, while playing a position thats a LOT harder to play. I'll let you guss which one it is!

Which has nothing to do with what you said:

So that gives an even greater edge to KK considering Kakko is a liability in the Dzone

Move the goal posts much?

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Which has nothing to do with what you said:

Move the goal posts much?
Not obly is he outproducing Kakko, he's playing a tougher position while showing great analytics numbers.
The other plays sheltered minutes on the 4th line, and isn't producing at all.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Not obly is he outproducing Kakko, he's playing a tougher position while showing great analytics numbers.
You said that Kakko's a defensive liability, and now you're "qualifying" that by saying that he's not producing...?

And, Kakko's analytics numbers are far better than Kotkaniemi's.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

So now you're just making stuff up. Kakko is on the 2nd line with Panarin and Strome. When he wasn't on that line, he was on the 3rd line with Laf and Chytil.

Maybe you should actually watch him play. Or, in lieu of that, stop talking about players you don't know.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Neither. Both guys are very underwhelming. Atleast most of the players behind Kakko are still unknowns but I would take probably a good 10-12 players that were drafted behind KK before I even think about KK.

Tkachuk
Zadina
Hughes
Boqvist
Wahlstrom
Dobson
Farabee
Smith
Miller
Sandin
Romanov

KK

LOL! This is hilarious.

KK has the 2nd highest P/60 out of all these guys, just behind Farabee (Whos shooting at 20%, lets be real, he's about 7 goals over what his career average will be.), is behind Farabee and Smith only in ES points, 2nd in primary points, and he's actually playing very good defensive hockey.

But scratch that, just the fact you have Romanov on there is hilarious and every single fan of the Habs love Romanov, but its AINEC.

Reactions: Habano

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005

Tkachuk
Zadina
Hughes
Boqvist
Wahlstrom
Dobson
Farabee
Smith
Miller
Sandin
Romanov

KK