Recalled/Assigned: Kaapo Kahkonen reassigned

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I wish Dubnyk a speedy recovery, but with the team playing well I'm more than a little curious to see if Kahkonen sinks or swims. Not sure if we'll actually see him start, but at home vs LA might be the time to give it a try.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I wish Dubnyk a speedy recovery, but with the team playing well I'm more than a little curious to see if Kahkonen sinks or swims. Not sure if we'll actually see him start, but at home vs LA might be the time to give it a try.
With the day off between the Preds and Kings games... unless Stalock looks utterly terrible vs the Preds (very possible), I see Alex getting both games.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Throw him to the wolves for one game. Just do it!
tenor.gif

Reactions: zellmatic

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
With the day off between the Preds and Kings games... unless Stalock looks utterly terrible vs the Preds (very possible), I see Alex getting both games.
The other possibility would be against Dallas since they play St Louis the day after, but I wouldn't be surprised if Dubnyk's already back by then.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Really interesting, Robson has the much better stat line.

2GP 3GA 1.44GAA .949sv%

4GP 12GA 2.95GAA .886sv%

Sample size does make these pretty useless though. Encouraged to see how Robson does as the #1 for a little bit in Iowa. Was always an annoying stone wall for the gophers...

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

2GP 3GA 1.44GAA .949sv%

4GP 12GA 2.95GAA .886sv%

Sample size does make these pretty useless though. Encouraged to see how Robson does as the #1 for a little bit in Iowa. Was always an annoying stone wall for the gophers...
My guess, they don't plan on playing KK (both in the call up or in the upcoming baby Wild game(s)), thus calling him up allows Robson to play his expected starts in upcoming Iowa games?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
My guess, they don't plan on playing KK (both in the call up or in the upcoming baby Wild game(s)), thus calling him up allows Robson to play his expected starts in upcoming Iowa games?
That does seem likely, especially with Iowa rolling.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Too few GP down in Iowa to determine anything. Can't help them that they are missing Soucy, Mayhew, and Dumont. Stalock is not exactly a brick wall so I won't be surprised to see KK.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Too few GP down in Iowa to determine anything. Can't help them that they are missing Soucy, Mayhew, and Dumont. Stalock is not exactly a brick wall so I won't be surprised to see KK.

Stalock been pretty good so far, at least as far as the stats go, this year. That could change very quickly, but ride him for as long as he's putting up good numbers.

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
Don't think they should expect Soucy any time soon.

Wild4Cup

Jun 13, 2019

2GP 3GA 1.44GAA .949sv%

4GP 12GA 2.95GAA .886sv%

They are also 4-0 with Kähkönen in net, but yeah, small sample size.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
They don’t seem to be missing Soucy, Mayhew and Dumont. 5 wins and one shootout loss. No regulation losses.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
They don’t seem to be missing Soucy, Mayhew and Dumont. 5 wins and one shootout loss. No regulation losses.

Iowa hasn't played since last weekend. Dumont has played in 5 of 6 games and Mayhew 4 of 6 for Iowa so far this year.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Depending how long dubby is out, kahkonen may get a game coming up with the double header

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Would be great for him to get a game in.
I'd be shocked if he gets a game at this point. I think it's clear he got the call because they wanted Robson to start in Iowa, and Kaapo is just here to warm the bench and would only get on the ice in case of Stalock injury.

Dubs is already practicing and by all accounts is feeling much better. Pretty sure Dubs will get one of the back to back games coming up Tuesday and Wednesday, with Stalock getting one as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad