Proposal: JVR to NSH

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
JVR is not worth that much, and Nashville needs centers more than a winger

I'd take the deal of Wilson and an 18 1st for JVR.
Sounds good.
Anyone who wants to give an 18 1st + player/decent young prospect with RFA years ahead is what I'd be looking for.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
If that's the case switch Fabbro to Carrier

The 1st round pick in 18 is the most important piece to me.
I don't want to disrupt Nashville's core.
The trade should also help them with the loss of Neal as they are looking for a Cup.
I'm fine with a "B" prospect, someone who can grow into a solid NHL player, cost controlled with years of RFA status. Then the 1st. That will give the Leafs 2 1sts in 18, plus the prospect.
That's the deal I'm looking for from any team interested.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
I think people are really underestimating what JVR could haul the Leafs. Shattenkirk got the Blues a 1st,2nd and two players. Vancouver got Dahlen for Burrows. The Leafs gave up a 2nd for a fourth line center. A first(probably late too) and a middling prospect for a legit first line winger? C'mon. This is why outside observers see HF as out of touch.

Martyr much ?

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
The 1st round pick in 18 is the most important piece to me.
I don't want to disrupt Nashville's core.
The trade should also help them with the loss of Neal as they are looking for a Cup.
I'm fine with a "B" prospect, someone who can grow into a solid NHL player, cost controlled with years of RFA status. Then the 1st. That will give the Leafs 2 1sts in 18, plus the prospect.
That's the deal I'm looking for from any team interested.
I'd be fine with that deal.

I don't consider Fabbro a "b" prospect though. So the poster asking for last years 1st round pick, and next years first round pick along with Wilson, IMHO is asking too much.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Jvrs value is more than a first. If we can't move jvr for a dman or package we like including a dman we will keep him simple as that. We will resign him and wait on offers until there's any real urgency to move him

no thanks, not interested in resigning JVR. 1st + I agree with we should get that. Im not putting a strain on our cap structure to resign JVR and hope we can trade him. He is just not a core piece or really even a needed piece in our lineup. He would be worth signing if your team needs scoring he just isn't worth it to the leafs

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I'd be fine with that deal.

I don't consider Fabbro a "b" prospect though. So the poster asking for last years 1st round pick, and next years first round pick along with Wilson, IMHO is asking too much.

id do JVR for fabbro, 18'2nd + one more thing im not sure of, a 4th? maybe or a lower end prospect

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
no thanks, not interested in resigning JVR. 1st + I agree with we should get that. Im not putting a strain on our cap structure to resign JVR and hope we can trade him. He is just not a core piece or really even a needed piece in our lineup. He would be worth signing if your team needs scoring he just isn't worth it to the leafs

its not that bad nylander needs a contract next season and matthews and marner are still 2 years away, so resigning jvr to a good contract would increase his value and im sure we could find a suitor in 2 years agree to disagree

as per the topic
Jvr 50% retained, Bozak for 2018 1st, Fabbro, plus another piece?

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I don't consider Arvidsson a top line winger just yet, his sample size is too small, so there goes that argument.

In terms of Forsberg and Van-Riemsdyk:

Zone adjusted 5 on 5 points per 60 from 2014-2017:
Forsberg: 2.22
JVR: 1.96

Forsberg has clearly been the more superior player 5 on 5, and JVR outscored Forsberg 5 on 5 this season. Yes we should take present players, but the same time, who knows if this season wasn't just JVR's career year? While Forsberg can still grow. Not to mention Forsberg is a great defensive winger, while JVR is average in that department at best (PK=/=defense).

Now for corsi (5on5 ZS.Adj):
Stats|Forsberg|JVR
CF60RelTM| 6.02 |2.51
CA60RelTM| -1.65 |4.84
CF%RelTM| 3.2 |-0.9

Actual corsi stats is not as relevant to the discussion, so I'll just use adjusted.

I might have underrated JVR, but at best he's a mid tier 1st line winger, and that's with his current season. Just 2014-2015 and 2015-2016, I'd consider him a below average 1st line winger, maybe even great 2nd line winger.

And no point bringing up eye test, since that's very biased. But because Leaf fans tend to be very biased, I'll go with Forsberg actually could be a better finisher, and needs to improve on that. JVR finishes better than you'd expect, meaning if Forsberg had JVR's finishing level, he'd have even more points.

Everyone is biased regarding something. Again, making this some kind of Leaf fans specific issue is stupid.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I'm not so sure the fans mind trading Fabbro, I think it would be more Poile that wouldn't really want to. Something most of us tend to forget is that in roughly 2 years the D will start all needing new contracts and they certainly won't be as cheap as they are now. So in a couple of years a guy like Fabbro could be needed just for a cost containment stand point assuming he is good enough.

It actually makes me wonder if that's why we haven't seen Poile get deals done is because he doesn't want to let Fabbro go, but obviously that's just speculation on my part.

That seems logical to me. I'd say from the Leafs side of things Fabbro would almost be required in the deal. You can argue whatever else I think from there is fair, but that's our biggest need for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad