Injury Report: JVR Out 6-8 Weeks

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I've liked Leivo based on the few games I have seen him play, seems to work really hard. What is his realistic projection?

I think JVR's injury may trigger some moves by TO. Even management has to understand that losing the best forward on a putrid offensive team for 2 months pretty much kills the playoff dream.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Lupul has sucked this entire season, I doubt he will pick it up. He's likely to get injured than start scoring at the pace he was before.

It's just more preferable then slotting in Leivo in JVR's spot so he gets easier match ups to start, if he excels then bump him up.

Lupul-Bozak-PAP
Grabner-Kadri-Komarov
Matthias-Holland-Leivo
Winnik-Froese-Boyes

Insert Spaling for Froese when healthy.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Like many others, I have mixed feelings. If it helps us secure a better draft pick, then maybe it's for the best in the long run.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I don't think it's fair to call this a tank job unless Lou took a sledge hammer to JVR' s foot.
However it still accomplishes the same effect as a tank.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I don't think it's fair to call this a tank job unless Lou took a sledge hammer to JVR' s foot.
However it still accomplishes the same effect as a tank.

Dion caught him in the foot. I think he has taken out 4 players so far.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
I hope that's true but he looked overmatched physically last time he was in the Leafs' lineup. The good thing is that he was going into areas where this was happening. I'm hoping that he's stronger (or quicker) this time around. He definitely has the puck skills of at least a bottom 6 NHL forward.

I disagree, I actually think he looked pretty good all things considered. His board work translated greatly, and hustle is universally coveted in sports.

He play on a line with Panik and Trevor Smith and only averaged around 7 minutes a game(terrible previous coaching regime). If you factor out two blow out games where he played 10:53 and 12:04, he only averaged 6:51 minutes a game...

Not much any player can do under those constraints IMO.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
For all the people that wanted to trade JVR, we are going to see what this team is like without himin the mix. It will answer a lot of questions for the team needs.

Excited for Leivo to get the call-up.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
I think JVR's injury may trigger some moves by TO. Even management has to understand that losing the best forward on a putrid offensive team for 2 months pretty much kills the playoff dream.
Oh you better believe it. They are already working on some stuff I'm sure of it. Lamouriello has never watched over these types of big things. He acts on it.

We still have a chance and it'll be interesting to see if Komarov keeps on outscoring phil kessel and making up jvr's presence too. He's that great. does everything right and still plays defense with hits. Wow, I mean wow. I'm glad we have komarov so we don't have to get any new stupid rookie players in the future and school them through again and again. We already have the best, winning player. We need a couple of more vets and new players to play with komarov though. Get some.

Completelybroke

Mar 22, 2015
I wonder if this will trigger a fire sale. Doubtfully. But I hope he recovers in fine fashion. I wonder if this means Toronto secures a top 5 pick. With offense a little dry but now going into full drought mode :o

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
Oh you better believe it. They are already working on some stuff I'm sure of it. Lamouriello has never watched over these types of big things. He acts on it.

We still have a chance and it'll be interesting to see if Komarov keeps on outscoring phil kessel and making up jvr's presence too. He's that great. does everything right and still plays defense with hits. Wow, I mean wow. I'm glad we have komarov so we don't have to get any new stupid rookie players in the future and school them through again and again. We already have the best, winning player. We need a couple of more vets and new players to play with komarov though. Get some.

This is a JVR thread, not Komarov...

Wami

Chicken Lyfe'
Mar 8, 2013
This will surely suck the last dying breath out of any hope we had at even squeaking into the playoffs. Draft here we come.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I wonder if this will trigger a fire sale. Doubtfully. But I hope he recovers in fine fashion. I wonder if this means Toronto secures a top 5 pick. With offense a little dry but now going into full drought mode :o

I think it pretty much does just that. No point in even trying to chase anything without JVR.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Can't believe there are people on here that are happy a guy broke his foot. Morbid.

Wish JVR a speedy recovery. A big loss to the Leafs.

I don't think people are genuinely happy that JVR is out more happy that Leivo finally gets a chance and our lottery chances just went up.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Is this from that Phaneuf slap shot in the Sharks game? Dude needs to chill with that ****

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Sucks for JVR, I'm a sure he wants to play, and breaking bones is never fun. However, I am on the "tank" side of things this year, and this should help the tank. Also a great opportunity for Leivo, who I really like. So mixed feelings, but ultimately good for the team in the long run.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Disastrous news for having a legit shot at making the playoffs.
Great news for Lupul to establish his value and give the Leafs a chance to get his salary off the books.
I have priority one getting the highest draft pick possible.
Priority 2 having Babcock work his magic and make Lupul moveable by the trade deadline. Give him every second of PP time and the best line mates available.

carko32

May 14, 2014
Slovenia
It's a shame, he was playing really good, wish him good recovery.

I hope that Leivo shows us that he can play. He was really good in AHL this season, I think that Babcock will like his play, as long as it is the same as in AHL.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
It's just more preferable then slotting in Leivo in JVR's spot so he gets easier match ups to start, if he excels then bump him up.

Lupul-Bozak-PAP
Grabner-Kadri-Komarov
Matthias-Holland-Leivo
Winnik-Froese-Boyes

Insert Spaling for Froese when healthy.

Tough to lose a good winger like JVR.

I think your line-up looks like it may be the one Babcock will go to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad