JvR Appreciation Thread

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Kids got such natural leadership skills, he's got tons of confidence, and he plays his best games against the bruins.... Holmgren really dropped the ball trading him.

i1

Nov 10, 2011
Newfoundland
Nonis did all the leg work on trades, as was stated many times by Burke.

He's a pretty savvy trader from the looks of it; Holland, Bolland & Bernier were all steals, Gleason for Liles is looking great, he even managed to get value out of Steckel, Brown, Lombardi, Crescenzi, Colborne, etc.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
JVR credited Randy and the coaching staff for his big improvement.

He should credit Kessel for creating the majority of his opportunities .

JVR has turned into a heck of a player below the hash marks , it's now time he expands his game and become a more well rounded player .

He's has good size . is an excellent skater and handles the puck well , there's no reason he can't take the next step and become a 3 zone force in the next couple of years .

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
He's a pretty savvy trader from the looks of it; Holland, Bolland & Bernier were all steals, Gleason for Liles is looking great, he even managed to get value out of Steckel, Brown, Lombardi, Crescenzi, Colborne, etc.

i totally agree there all steals, however, just wait for one of those 2nd round picks to become something and nonis will be enemy #1.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Disagree. JVR has shown that he can create opportunities for Kessel and for himself as much as Kessel sets him up.

I meant above the hash marks , below he's turned into a force but above he's pretty much reliant on Kessel to gain the zone and create plays . I don't see any reason why he can't go on few more Nash type rushes as well as becoming better in his own zone .

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
He's on pace for 60+ points and around 30 goals...

That's not counting how many goals he's created with his screens and net play either :naughty: This is the kind of winger you need to go far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad