Speculation: Jvr 1v1 Bozak.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
JVR has been outproducing Bozak while they were in the same situation (on a line with Kessel and then on a line with Parenteau). JVR's average P/G is being dragged down from his days in Philly when he was young and still developing his game. JVR is also several years younger, a couple inches taller, and better at driving possession. I think it's pretty clear that JVR is the better player and that he's a better fit for a rebuild due to his age. Is JVR enough better for Bozak that we shouldn't trade him? No, but that doesn't mean we should settle for a return either.

JVR is also capable of getting 30 goals. Another edge to him.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
JVR is also capable of getting 30 goals. Another edge to him.

A edge to keep and pay $6,000,000 plus or a edge to trade because his value would be possibly the most coveted at the deadline. We could get possibly better players for the future at a lower cost, while continuing developing a contender.

Thete is more edge trading Jvr possibly.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
A edge to keep and pay $6,000,000 plus or a edge to trade because his value would be possibly the most coveted at the deadline. We could get possibly better players for the future at a lower cost, while continuing developing a contender.

Thete is more edge trading Jvr possibly.

I was referring more to the "who is the better player" debate.

As mentioned earlier, no issue trading him, but if management decides to keep him in also ok with that.

I think he's likely the Leafs most valuable trade chip (of the assets that management would consider actually moving). It all depends on the return.

Crosscrease14

Dec 16, 2014
Keep Bozak. He's worth a 2nd Max and pretty underrated. JvR seems to be worth a lot, so if a team will pay then move him but I wouldn't mind keeping him either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad