Value of: Juuse Saros

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I suspect the plan is to have Rinne and Josi both as impending UFAs at the time of the expansion draft and leave them unprotected but sign them as soon as the draft is done.

I don't think Ryan Ellis will be a predator come that time to be honest so not sure Josi will be an issue

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Having watched the Hurricanes flounder in goalie purgatory to the point of becoming a graveyard, I would LOVE to get Saros. However, as others have said, he's probably pretty untouchable to Nash short of a massive overpayment, and I can't think of anything in particular they would jump at. He's 23, groomed nicely, proven a great backup, and is heir apparent to Rinne. It's pretty much a perfect scenario for Nash...Rinne is aging but still excellent, Saros has proven a great backup, you can spend the next few years giving Saros more games until Rinne is ready to retire or take the backup role.

Tysonson3

Feb 20, 2017
Poile isn’t a fool. Saros is a starter in the making. If he traded him the preds would be screwed in a a few years when Rinne’s play deteriorates. If he gets traded there would have to be a goalie coming back in the deal

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Well, no. His value isn't just what other teams would pay for him, Nashville has a voice in this matter and there's no reason to trade him for a 2nd round pick at this point in time.

Maybe his trade value is a 2nd rounder in a vacuum, but this isn't a vacuum.

Rinne is getting up there in age and nearing the end of his contract, unless Saros demands to be the starter come October I just don't see a good reason for Nashville to even consider such a move.
Before you start rambling, you should probably read first post.
The question was his value, and his value is a second round pick.
You might see another smaller pick being added to that. Bonafide starters tend to fetch a 1st.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad