Value of: Juulsen for LHD

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Winnipeg seems to do alright with Buff, Trouba and Myers all playing the same side. It just means that you have a good defenceman on at all times.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
I don’t watch a lot of Arizona but has he been that bad this year that you’d move him for a guy like Juulsen?

He hasn't been particularly bad, but he hasn't been particularly good either. I don't particularly want to get rid of him, I'm perfectly happy keeping him. He still has oodles of potential.

However on the other hand he's been somewhat injury prone which might prove to be a problem, but more importantly we have POJ coming up who plays the same side and is looking like a potential #3/4D.

Juulsen is a little better offensively and plays the way more important side for us. Would be able to put him with OEL/Hjalmarsson too.

Who knows, maybe you guys can add a 1st to make up for that Domi trade :sarcasm:

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Esa Lindell if Montreal adds something to Juulsen?
Josh Mahura?
Not even close lol. Lindell has played top pairing for 2 years now and is currently showing he can do so without klingberg. He isnt moving and if he did it would be for a lot more than that

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
i very rarely bash the habs, Gallagher Petry Mete Kotkaniemi Byron Tatar are all among my favorite players.

However, Juulsen has a terrible 44.8 xGF% since the start of last season, and Dermott has a great 55.52. Not to mention Juulsen only having 3 5v5 primary points in that span. hes really not good right now. he has some potential sure but Dermott has thus far been WAY better at the NHL level.

I didn't watch both players analytics numbers but Juulsen only played 40 games in both season combined... I wouldn't put too much weight on stats until he has 100+ games at least. Also, 23 of those games were last year and the habs were putrid. He was also playing with Karl ''dead weight'' Alzner most of the time.

Dermott has been brought up much smoother. If you actually watched Juulsen this year, you would know he was dominant in camp/pre-season, had a good first 10 games and then slowed down 3-4 games to come backt o form for his last 2-3 games before getting injured. I think a good comparable for Juulsen, potential/style wise, would be Josh Manson from Anaheim. I think Dermott is going to be a good top 4 very soon, but I doubt he has the off. ability to become a top pairing D, a little bit like Victor Mete. I could make a comparable between Dermott and maybe a mix of Martinez/Spurgeon... Personnally I prefer having a guy like Juulsen on my second pairing in terms of physical/defensive play.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
i very rarely bash the habs, Gallagher Petry Mete Kotkaniemi Byron Tatar are all among my favorite players.

However, Juulsen has a terrible 44.8 xGF% since the start of last season, and Dermott has a great 55.52. Not to mention Juulsen only having 3 5v5 primary points in that span. hes really not good right now. he has some potential sure but Dermott has thus far been WAY better at the NHL level.

Yet Juulsen has a better PPG ratio this year than Dermott and has faced much tougher competition

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Brendan Guhle is stuck in Rochester behind Scandella, McCabe, Dahlin, Beaulieu, Pilut on the left side. Plus the Sabres just drafted Matthias Samuelsson. Guhle is fast, skilled, and has good size. At this point, he still needs some seasoning but he has tools and good production so far in the AHL. Looked like a real up and comer in his brief call up last year. What add would you be looking at?

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I didn't watch both players analytics numbers but Juulsen only played 40 games in both season combined... I wouldn't put too much weight on stats until he has 100+ games at least. Also, 23 of those games were last year and the habs were putrid. He was also playing with Karl ''dead weight'' Alzner most of the time.

Dermott has been brought up much smoother. If you actually watched Juulsen this year, you wooth ould know he was dominant in camp/pre-season, had a good first 10 games and then slowed down 3-4 games to come backt o form for his last 2-3 games before getting injured. I think a good comparable for Juulsen, potential/style wise, would be Josh Manson from Anaheim. I think Dermott is going to be a good top 4 very soon, but I doubt he has the off. ability to become a top pairing D, a little bit like Victor Mete. I could make a comparable between Dermott and maybe a mix of Martinez/Spurgeon... Personnally I prefer having a guy like Juulsen on my second pairing in terms of physical/defensive play.
dermott also got a super low qot in that span btw. he was also not playing with top talent. i would easily take both of dermott and mete over juulsen. i get that its a small sample for both of them but when the difference is that drastic...

juulsen has nowhere near the offense of manson

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
I like Chychrun, but I don't love his new contract with his injury history. Pass.

Chychrun is already amazingly steady for 20 y old LHD, playing 20+ min/game... and I'm not even talking about his offensive upside. He fits RIGHT exactly in Montreal needs.

If Arizona gets a brain cramp and make him available, Bergevin should do everything to get that guy.

I think Arizona would want a RHD to play right now in their line-up, so I could see something around Juulsen + Ylonen + picks for Chychrun.

If they tank this year, they might be willing to accept a prime RHD prospect like Josh Brook (+++) for him.

But like I said, no way Chayka would want to lose a player like that. That is the kind of deal that destroys a GM's career.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
dermott also got a super low qot in that span btw. he was also not playing with top talent. i would easily take both of dermott and mete over juulsen. i get that its a small sample for both of them but when the difference is that drastic...

juulsen has nowhere near the offense of manson

I don't think you know what you're talking about... I suggest you watch some games. Manson was barely an nhl player at 21 and had a 10pts high season in the NCAA.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I don't think you know what you're talking about... I suggest you watch some games. Manson was barely an nhl player at 21 and had a 10pts high season in the NCAA.
Development isn’t linear. Manson has turned into a phenomenal offensive defenseman at the NHL level and there is no evidence for Juulsen doing the same

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Juulsen for Dermott, straight up.

RHD for LHD.

Great fun seeing two fanbase arguing for years as who won the trade.

/thread

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Development isn’t linear. Manson has turned into a phenomenal offensive defenseman at the NHL level and there is no evidence for Juulsen doing the same
There are evidence you don't watch games and only look at stats... I don't think Manson is a phenomenal offensive defenseman and I don't think Juulsen has the potential to be one either.

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
There are evidence you don't watch games and only look at stats... I don't think Manson is a phenomenal offensive defenseman and I don't think Juulsen has the potential to be one either.
Whatever you think is wrong. I can confirm that Dom does indeed watch the games.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad