Confirmed with Link: Justin Williams Retires. Thank you Mr. Game 7

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Thanks for the run and representing the organization

best memory, being 4 rows from the ice during game 7. I watched him put in the EN cup winner right in front of me.
Got a picture of J Will scoring, Pronger on the ice, and me in the background cheering from the N&O

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
He put this franchise back on the correct path, and we will forever be better off for it.

And I can always tell my daughter that her first hockey game was some batshit crazy series of events that saw Williams score the game winner in the shootout after not playing for half the season in one of his last ever games in PNC.

I fully expect him to be announced as part of the coaching staff in the very near future.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
He put this franchise back on the correct path, and we will forever be better off for it.

And I can always tell my daughter that her first hockey game was some batshit crazy series of events that saw Williams score the game winner in the shootout after not playing for half the season in one of his last ever games in PNC.

I fully expect him to be announced as part of the coaching staff in the very near future.

"See you around"?

Hmmm.... :sarcasm:

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Glad he got to come back for 2020 and got to leave on his terms. Would have really sucked to see his last playoff run derailed by Covid.

Really happy he came back, was able to lead the franchise back to the playoffs, and retires as a Cane.

Last edited:

CanesFanBudMan

Borg member
Jun 14, 2016
upload_2020-10-8_16-26-16.jpeg

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
An all-timer. Stanley Cup sealing goal 14 years ago, then came back to return the team to legitimacy.

Only a few seasons for the Canes all told, but belongs on the Mt Rushmore next to Francis, Brind'Amour, Staal.

I think he played more games for the Canes than the Kings or Flyers. Roughly 6 and a half seasons with us...

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Happy retirement Williams. One of my all time favorite Canes. Thanks for bringing the Canes a cup, making us relevant again in your 2nd tenure while giving it your all, lastly for helping create the Storm Surge. Justin is a huge reason why the Canes are relevant again in Raleigh and across the NHL. Thank you from a very thankful Canes fan.

Wish we could of given him a farewell send off on his last shift, would of been epic. But I look forward to Justin Williams night next season to give him his retirement farewell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad