Music: Justin Timberlake's new album - Man of the Woods

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York

This video is amazing and so the song. Done in one shot and in one take. They need to perform this at the Super Bowl. If they do, it's going to be a big hit.

As for the other two, I like Filthy and I'm not too crazy about Supplies. Supplies was probably better suited as as an album track and not a single.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Filthy is garbage, and the other two aren't much better. His best songs are where he can show off his vocal range, which he doesn't do in any of them. In Say Something it's as if he's just trying to capitalize off Ed Sheeran's success. Very disappointed and worried its not going to improve from his 20/20 album.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Supplies is actual garbage. Probably the worst song I have heard from him. Not a fan of Filthy either, but Say Something is good. Not super excited for the album anymore honestly.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I liked Filthy, just hated the wobble synth. Didn't like Supplies, but Say Something is quite good. A bit similar to "What Goes Around" though. Hoping the album is more melodical than the first two singles.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Well, tried to listen to the whole album today but count make it past the 9th song. Stared listening to the firs 30s-1min of the rest, and couldn't find a single good one. What a garbage album. I'm glad I got to listen to it on Spotify as I would have been pissed if I bought the CD back in the day.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Well, tried to listen to the whole album today but count make it past the 9th song. Stared listening to the firs 30s-1min of the rest, and couldn't find a single good one. What a garbage album. I'm glad I got to listen to it on Spotify as I would have been pissed if I bought the CD back in the day.

This will probably be his first flop album, at least critically. Commercially I'm sure it'll still do well.

I hope he didn't peak with Lovesounds.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I've followed JT since the beginning of his solo career as a big fan of The Neptunes and Timbaland. But I must say that I find that his last two albums (20/20 experience 1&2 + Man of the woods) have been out of touch in many regards. He failed to re-invent himself in 2014 and this album feels like a creative mess. I think he fell slave to his statement of wanting to make a country album, or whatever his vision was.

Not everything is bad, I think there's a couple of brilliant spots, a few songs I enjoyed and his vocals are great. But all in all, I think many tracks feel tired musically and some of it lacks authenticity. Cringe fest.

Favorite tracks: Filthy, Wave (Classic Neptunes track), The Hard Stuff and Say Something (the video version).

Justin, stay away from Timbaland and Pharrell for the next one.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad