Justin Schultz - Wisconsin

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
Isn't it about time this guy started getting some hype? Scored again tonight which gives him 12G, 15A in 23 games. Leading all college Defensmen. And Top 6 including forwards. Ive only seen 2 games but i have been much more impressed with his game than Gardiner. He has elite vision, poise, and puck movement. Is there a better offensive Dman in the NCAA right now?

imbatman

Aug 27, 2010
Scored the OT game winner tonight, to give him 8PPG on the season. Now sitting 13G 17A. Why isn't he receiving more hype, Ive never heard really bad things about him defensively. A second round pick, so its not like he's come out of nowhere. Any NCAA or Badger fans with a more in depth opinion on him?

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Putting up some good numbers that for sure. What's his shot like?

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
How does he compare against Brendan Smith?

Looks to me he has inherited Smith's role this year so interested in hearing how these two compare against each other.

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA
His stats are very impressive. Does he play with Gardiner at even strength also? If so the Ducks might have a ready made d pairing.

imbatman

Aug 27, 2010
Putting up some good numbers that for sure. What's his shot like?
Quick accurate shot.
How does he compare against Brendan Smith?
Looks to me he has inherited Smith's role this year so interested in hearing how these two compare against each other.
I think he was compared more to Jamie McBain at first due to a similar approach and demeanor. Definitely not as physical as Smith.
His stats are very impressive. Does he play with Gardiner at even strength also? If so the Ducks might have a ready made d pairing.
Schultz and Gardiner became the Badgers' top line about 10 games into the season, so they play in all situations together, ES/PP/PK.

Tough to watch many Wisconsin games in the west coast, but of the few shown on FSWisconsin this kid has really impressed me, just seems really hockey smart, with physical attributes to boot.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
Just watched the last game of the weekend between Wisc and Conisius. Shultz was joing the rush as much as he possibly could and I didnt see him get caught up ice. The game was all about Gardiner. He dominated the game offensively. Best game ive seen from Gardiner in his college career. Then in OT with 10 seconds left he found open ice in the slot and made a beautiful pass to Shultz for a game winning tap in.

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA
Just watched the last game of the weekend between Wisc and Conisius. Shultz was joing the rush as much as he possibly could and I didnt see him get caught up ice. The game was all about Gardiner. He dominated the game offensively. Best game ive seen from Gardiner in his college career. Then in OT with 10 seconds left he found open ice in the slot and made a beautiful pass to Shultz for a game winning tap in.

I don't get how these guys get so many points as d-men, it's insane.

Markus078

Feb 26, 2003
Austria
Visit site
Fixed.

:cry: About my Gardiner comment above. Oh well.. Still have Schultz and Vatanen.

@Fixed, thanks a lot ;)

@Gardiner - I also liked him but I think Schultz will become the better of them (always thought it) Vatanen will be a bit of a question mark. Overall we have a tremendous core of Sbisa, Fowler and Schultz. All of them have high end upside. I'm still pleased with the Beauchemin trade.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
@Fixed, thanks a lot ;)

@Gardiner - I also liked him but I think Schultz will become the better of them (always thought it) Vatanen will be a bit of a question mark. Overall we have a tremendous core of Sbisa, Fowler and Schultz. All of them have high end upside. I'm still pleased with the Beauchemin trade.

Yeah Schultz stepped up big time this year. Really liked that. Vatanen sounds like he won't be coming to NA next year which isn't the worst thing but would have liked him to get used to the rinks here sooner or later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad