Justin Schultz Appreciation Thread

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I watched a lot of the Pens/Devils game last night and I thought he had a pretty solid game and it looks like Pens fans were happy with Schultz's debut last night too. Had an assist, +2, only 16 mins of ice and it looks like 2nd pairing PP time and just looked like a different player and looked like he definately belonged in the NHL

That kind of ice time is what he needs I feel... unfortunately he was counted on way too much in Edmonton and IMO that's what ruined him. Its too bad the d core wasn't better in Edmonton cause I think he could have been real good for you guys if he played 3rd pairing type mins and 2nd PP time.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him finish off real strong now this season with the Pens. Playing on a good team with limited ice, hes gonna look good and probably extend his NHL career for a while now

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I watched a lot of the Pens/Devils game last night and I thought he had a pretty solid game and it looks like Pens fans were happy with Schultz's debut last night too. Had an assist, +2, only 16 mins of ice and it looks like 2nd pairing PP time and just looked like a different player and looked like he definately belonged in the NHL

That kind of ice time is what he needs I feel... unfortunately he was counted on way too much in Edmonton and IMO that's what ruined him. Its too bad the d core wasn't better in Edmonton cause I think he could have been real good for you guys if he played 3rd pairing type mins and 2nd PP time.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him finish off real strong now this season with the Pens. Playing on a good team with limited ice, hes gonna look good and probably extend his NHL career for a while now

How many games did you watch of Jultz on the Oilers? Dude is like a worse Tom Gilbert. Gives up the puck immediately when pressured.

It's been one game... didn't Kessel start off hot with the Pens?

I appreciate he's gone. Losing Petry OTOH... hurt.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

He was given some very easy minutes here this season and still sucked

I posted this in Pens board. But Schultz always looks tremendous in camp and first 5 games of the season. Hes putting in effort and actually looks really good. You can pull up threads from start of this season or any other one and youll see the optimism from his first 5 years. So many posts about him turning the corner. But then after 20 games he slinks back to his lazy self

Unfortunately for Pitt, with only 20 or so games to go this is the worst possible chance for him to turn it on. The GM and coach will probably be even higher on Schultz then some Oiler fans were in different pre seasons. Theyll probably think it was all on the Oilers and that hes good now, so theyll qualify him for 3.9 to avoid him going to FA. But 20 games is about what it takes him to regress to his usual self

Called it here and on Pens board, hes going to do very well for Pens to start out. Just like he did here every pre season and first 5 game sof season

On the other hand, Oilers look like a totally new team without Jultz. So it was a divorce needed for both teams. I wish him the best

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
How many games did you watch of Jultz on the Oilers? Dude is like a worse Tom Gilbert. Gives up the puck immediately when pressured.

It's been one game... didn't Kessel start off hot with the Pens?

I appreciate he's gone. Losing Petry OTOH... hurt.

Everyone appreciates Jultz is gone.

Petry was bad asset management by MacT. That one year 'show me' contract was a horrendous mistake. I think the Habs overpaid a little, but somebody would have. A bridge contract instead of the show me, possibly buys a year or two into his UFA status.

Guess we'll see what the FA market is the next couple years. I suspect Petry (and his agent) will be very happy with the way that deal worked out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad