Rumor: Justin Holl On Waivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Seems odd, but we should know in 15 minutes or so whether it's legitimate. I'll keep it Rumor for now and if it's true we can switch to a waivers thread

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
Don't they need to clear a roster spot if Nylander returns?

yes.

since matthews is expected back at same time they have to. someone has to go on waivers because the only waiver free players (dermott, kapanen) are too good to go down

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Holl probably wants playing time. Whether it's the Marlies or a team that claims him. He's 26 and this is a make or break year for him after winning the Calder Cup last season.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Yes, I think so. I think they have one spot open but Matthews might be coming off IR since he's finally out of his non-contact jersey.

Yeah, if this is true, it pretty much confirms we will have a Nylander contract today or tomorrow, and Matthews will be activated.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Is it finally happening?!?!?

pyFY72V.gif

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Another random on Twitter tryin to get his 5 minutes of fame..
Now is the time to start tweeting this stuff. With only a few days left, hearing such and such without really can come true anytime. Then it's hero time.

Reactions: Kurtz

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Yeah, not sure why it's necessary to give them attention.
Good for business I guess.

Oh right the best way to get twitter attention is to say that Holl might be going on waivers at noon.

MarkUkLeaf has reported on the Marlies for a long time.

Reactions: Kelly

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Not to say that he is correct but the tweeter is not a nobody.

He is very in tune with the Marlies and report son them all year.

I take everything posted on Twitter without a blue check with a serious grain of salt.

Even then you have clowns like Blundell...

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
FWIW the guy writes for MapleLeafsHotStove, which is the same site as Alec Brownscombe who was the first one to break the Tavares to Toronto signing about 20-30 minutes before Friedman tweeted it.

So it's odd, but not to Ryan Lacey levels lol

Reactions: NovaLeaf

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Oh right the best way to get twitter attention is to say that Holl might be going on waivers at noon.

Yep, seems to work.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost

When it involves creating a roster spot open for a potential returning player, sure.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario

Yeah this makes me think it could be legit. If he wanted the clicks he would have played the Nylander card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad